In this article, we are discussing several remedies to prevent thinning hair in women. Hair thinning is a problem faced by both men and women. As compared to men women loss hair 40% approximately. Hair thinning does not lead to complete hair loss or baldness. Female pattern hair loss usually is inherited from parents. It is also known as androgenetic alopecia. This type of hair loss starts at the age of late teens. Many hair care companies just persuade its customer to buy products that are ineffective and do fake promises to mislead individuals. But there are several home and natural remedies to prevent thinning hair in women. Check out best solutions to prevent thinning hair in women.
Causes for Thinning Hair in Women
- Physical Stress
- Too Much Vitamin A
- Lack of Protein
- Female Hormones
- Vitamin B deficiency
- Over styling
Best Remedies to Prevent Thinning Hair in Women
To prevent thinning hair in women there are several home remedies that have used since ages. Those men and women who aren’t expecting or experiencing hair loss can also try these remedies to get better hair health and hair growth. These remedies are also helpful in treating several other hair problems.
1.) Gooseberry to Treat Thinning Hair in Women
This is another best home remedy to treat thinning hair in women. It consists of vitamin C. deficiency of vitamin C can result in hair loss and other hair problems. It also consists of anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant, and the exfoliating properties that help promote hair growth and maintain a healthy scalp. To try this method, follow the steps given below:
- Mix 1-2 tablespoon of each of gooseberry powder and lemon juice.
- Mix both the ingredients well to make a thick paste.
- Massage your scalp with this mixture using your fingers.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Keep it for 1 hour or you can leave for overnight.
- Next morning shampoo your hair.
- Repeat this method for 1-2 times a week for best results.
2.) Aloe Vera to Prevent Thinning Hair in Women
Aloe vera also is a helpful element to prevent thinning hair in women. It contains enzymes that help promotes healthy hair growth. The alkalizing properties of aloe vera help balance pH level of the scalp. Regular use of aloe vera relieves scalp itching, inflammation and reduces scalp redness, add strength and shine to hair. To try this method, follow the steps given below:
- Take 1-2 fresh aloe leaf and extract gel out of it.
- Apply this gel to you hair and scalp and massage gently.
- Keep it for 1 hour and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process 2-3 times a week.
3.) Fenugreek to Prevent Thinning Hair in Women
Fenugreek is one of the effective home treatments to prevent thinning hair in women. It is highly recommended for treating hair loss. Fenugreek seeds consist of hormone antecedents that help promote hair growth and help restore hair follicles. They also contain nicotinic acid and proteins that encourage hair growth. To try this remedy, follow the steps given below:
- Take some fenugreek seeds and soak it in water for overnight.
- In the morning, grind fenugreek seeds to make a fine paste.
- Apply the paste to your hair and scalp.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Leave it for 40 minutes then rinse your hair.
- Follow this remedy 1-2 times a week for a month.
4.) Licorice Root to Prevent Thinning Hair in Women
Licorice root is another herb that helps prevent thinning hair in women. The calming properties of licorice roots soothe the scalp and help get rid of dandruff and dry flakes. This remedy is good for hair loss, baldness, and itchy scalp. To try this method, follow the steps given below:
- Take one tablespoon of ground licorice powder and add a half cup of milk with saffron.
- Mix it all the ingredients well.
- Apply the paste on your scalp and bald patches and leave it for overnight.
- Next morning, wash your hair with warm water and a mild shampoo.
- Don’t forget to condition your hair after shampooing.
- Follow this remedy 1-2 times a week for best results.
5.) Hot Oil Massage to Prevent Thinning Hair in Women
This is one of the best methods to prevent thinning hair in women. To reduce hair loss it’s important to massage your hair and scalp with appropriate hair oil. Hot oil massages help increase blood flow to the hair follicles, moisturizes the scalp, and promotes good hair growth. It will also help relieve stress and irritation on the scalp. To use this method, follow the steps given below:
- Take some natural oil like coconut, almond, olive or castor oil.
- Warm the oil, make sure you don’t boil it or heat in excess.
- Massage with this oil gently with your fingers.
- Keep it for 30-40 minutes then wash it off.
- Do this at least 2-3 times a week for better results.
6.) Onion Juice to Treat Thinning Hair in Women
Onion juice is helpful in treating hair loss. It consists of high sulfur content, which helps increase blood circulation to the hair follicles, stimulate hair follicles and lessen inflammation. It also contains antibacterial properties that help kill parasites and germs, and treat scalp problems causing hair loss. To try this method, follow the steps given below:
- Take 3-4 onions and grind them to extract the juice.
- Apply this juice directly to your scalp and hair.
- Leave it for 30-40 minutes, and then wash it off with normal water.
- Repeat this remedy 2-3 times a week for several weeks.