This article is about remedies to treat dandruff. Dandruff is one of the most common hair problems that people suffer with. This is the scalp disorder which is caused due to dry and infected skin. Bacterial and fungus infection of the scalp can also cause dandruff. Most annoying thing about dandruff is that it is more visible on clothes than in head. Dandruff is not only irritating, but it is embarrassing as well. It can lower your confidence in public and can also make you a point of attraction. There are a number of promising products for dandruff, but it is not known if they work. Apart from that, most of them are chemical enriched. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the best ways that will help you treat dandruff at home.
Causes of Dandruff:
Here are the causes that will help you identify the main reason for your dandruff. Different causes for dandruff are:
- Oily scalp
- Extremely dry scalp
- Bacterial and fungus infection of scalp
- Poor brushing
- Not shampooing your hair
- Unhealthy diet
- Improper use of hair products
Remedies to Treat Dandruff:
Here are some of the best remedies that can be used to treat dandruff easily at home. These remedies are among the most primitive ways to treat dandruff at home. Just be regular at using them and you will be able to get rid of dandruff fast and naturally.
1.) Coconut Oil to Treat Dandruff
Coconut oil is the remedy that has been used to treat a number of skin and hair related issues. It is one of the most traditional remedies to treat dandruff. Coconut oil is rich in antifungal properties that help cure itching and infection. Also, it moisturizes skin and removes dryness from the scalp. Using it is simple and easy. What you have to do is:
- Take some coconut oil in a bowl add half amount of lemon juice to it.
- Mix it well and use it to massage your scalp.
- Massage for a few seconds and then leave it for at least an hour.
- Wash it with your regular shampoo.
- Repeat this process thrice a week for best results.
2.) Baking Soda to Treat Dandruff
Baking soda is also one of the most amazing remedies for dandruff treatment. It is rich in properties that are helpful at fighting the factors responsible for dandruff. The best part about baking soda is that it not only removes dead cells from the scalp but is also helpful at absorbing excess oil from the scalp. Also, it balances the pH levels of the scalp which help restrict the growth of bacteria and fungi. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Wet your hair with water and rub baking soda on your scalp.
- Wait for five minutes and then rinse your hair with water.
- Repeat the process twice a week for best results.
- Note: Do not shampoo your hair after using baking soda.
3.) Olive Oil to Treat Dandruff
You can also go for olive oil to get rid of dandruff overnight. Olive oil has properties that help fight off the factors causing dandruff. It helps with the itching caused due to dandruff. Apart from that it also helps get stronger, longer and healthier hair. To get rid of dandruff from your scalp, follow the given steps to use olive oil:
- Take some olive oil in a bowl.
- Use that oil to massage your scalp.
- Massage it gently and cover your head with a shower cap.
- Leave it overnight and in the morning, wash your hair with normal shampoo.
- Do it at least twice a week for best results.
4.) Aloe Vera Gel to Treat Dandruff
Aloe Vera gel has properties that help you get relief from continuous scratching and itching. It has properties that soothe scalp and help nourish it gently. Apart from dandruff, it helps treat other hair related problems as well. Here is the way that you can follow to use it:
- Take some Aloe Vera gel and use it to massage your scalp.
- Massage your scalp for a few minutes and then leave it for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, wash your hair with regular shampoo.
- Do it thrice a week for best results.
5.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Dandruff
Apple cider vinegar is one of the key remedies for a number of problems. You can use it for skin care or you can use it for many health issues. It maintains the pH level of the scalp and thus does not allow the fungus to grow. Along with that, it helps clean clogged pores and hair follicles. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Take two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a bowl.
- Dilute it with the equal amount of water.
- Also, add 15 drops of tea tree oil to it.
- Mix it well and use this mixture to massage your scalp.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and the rinse your hair.
- Do it thrice a week for best results.
6.) Lemon Juice to Treat Dandruff
Lemon juice is one of the most effective remedies for dandruff. It helps fight itchiness caused because of dandruff. It is high in acid that controls the bacteria giving growth to dandruff. You can simply rub the inner wall of lemon peel on your scalp or you can massage your scalp with a tablespoon of lemon juice. Leave it for 5 minutes and then wash off. You can try another way as well.
- Take one-fourth cup of plain yogurt and add a half lemon juice to it.
- Mix it well and apply on your scalp.
- Leave it for half an hour and then wash it with regular shampoo.
- Repeat this process twice or thrice a day for best results.
7.) Tea Tree Oil to Treat Dandruff
Tea tree oil is also one of the most effective ways to treat dandruff. Being high in anti-fungal properties, it helps treat dandruff by controlling the growth of fungus causing dandruff. You can simply add it to your regular shampoo. You can use it by diluting with coconut oil or olive oil. Never use it straight. It can go harsh on your skin.
8.) Fenugreek to Treat Dandruff
Fenugreek also has properties that control the growth of fungus causing dandruff and thus it can be used effectively to get rid of dandruff. What you have to do is:
- Soak some fenugreek seeds in water overnight.
- In the morning, grind the seeds to make a fine paste.
- Also, add some yogurt to it.
- When the paste is ready, apply it on your skin.
- Leave it for a few hours and rinse with water.
- Do not use shampoo after that.
- Do it twice a week for best results.
9.) Aspirin to Treat Dandruff
Aspirin helps exfoliate your scalp and thus provides you relief from dandruff and itchiness. What you have to do is:
- Take three aspirins and crush them to a fine paste.
- Mix the powder to a tablespoon of vinegar.
- Mix it well and apply to your scalp.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash off.
10.) Yogurt to Treat Dandruff
You can also go for yogurt. This is one of the simplest remedies for dandruff treatment. Yogurt has acidic components that help fight off dandruff well. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Take some yogurt in a bowl.
- Spread it on your hair like a mask.
- Leave it for an hour and then wash off.
- Do it one alternative day for best results.