Baking soda is one of the common household ingredients. It is found in almost every kitchen. But do you know the same ingredients can also be used to fix your hair problems? Yes, baking soda helps to overcome many hair problems. It is a versatile product that can be used in the number of ways to treat different hair problems. Unlike, most of the hair care products it is natural and does not damage your hair. Read more, to know uses of baking soda for hair.
Uses of Baking Soda for Hair:
1.) Baking Soda for Dandruff
Baking soda for hair work as an anti-dandruff remedy. Dandruff is one of the common hair problems. It is a fungal infection that is evident among both men and women. Regular application of baking soda helps to treat dandruff. It has an absorbing property that removes the excess oil and dead cell from the scalp. Also, it is a natural cleaning agent. It balances the pH level of the scalp without making it dry. It works as a natural scrub on the scalp, leaving your hair shiny and soft.
- Mix a tablespoon of baking soda with fresh lemon juice thoroughly.
- Apply this paste on your scalp and massage it for a few minutes.
- Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse your hair with the cold water.
- Follow this remedy twice a week.
- Instead of lemon juice, you can also mix baking soda with water as well.
2.) Baking Soda for Hair Loss
Hair loss and hair fall have become a very common hair issues these days. There are many hair care products that promise to stop the hair fall and control hair loss, however, they fail to keep their promise many times. Most of the hair care products are packed with chemical ingredients that are not even safe for the hair. So replace your hair care products with the baking soda. It is one of the inexpensive and effective remedies for hair loss. Baking soda absorbs the natural oil from the scalp and maintains it pH level. Moreover, it does not rip off the natural oil of the scalp and thus, it controls hair loss.
- Mix a tablespoon of baking soda along with the lukewarm water.
- Mix it thoroughly to get a thick paste.
- Apply this paste onto your scalp and massage it with your fingertips for a few minutes.
- Leave it on for a couple of minutes and then rinse it off with cool water.
- Alternatively, mix baking soda with the herbal shampoo before washing your hair.
- Repeat this 2 times a day.
3.) Lighten your Hair with Baking Soda
Baking soda for hair works as a natural lightening agent. It lightens your original hair color without damaging it. Most of the hair lightening products tend to damage the hair. They are packed with the harsh chemicals that are not suitable for hair. They might give you temporary results but for long run they are not safe. So instead of bleach and other products use baking soda. It is one of the best home remedies for lightening hair.
- Mix a tablespoon of baking soda with warm water.
- Mix it thoroughly to get a thick paste.
- Make sure it is not too thin. Apply it on the hair.
- Leave it on until it dries completely then wash rinse your hair.
4.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Head Lice
Head lice are common among children’s and girls with long hair. The head lice are like a bed bug that feeds on our scalp. Lice multiplies very fast. So it is always good to be on the safer side and use the natural products that help to prevent the head lice and if it by chance occurs, the remedy will kill it. Baking soda is a wonderful remedy for head lice. It tends to suffocate the head lice and thus they are not able to breathe.
- Mix a tablespoon of a baking soda with apple cider vinegar.
- Mix them thoroughly to get a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on your scalp and damp hair.
- Leave it on for a few minutes, until it dries completely and then rinse it.
- Do this two times a week to prevent and get rid of head lice.
5.) Baking Soda Treats Oily and Smelly Hair
Smelly hair is quite embarrassing. People with oily hair are more prone to the bad smell. Often the sebaceous gland produces sebum (natural oil) in the excess that tends to make hair oily and smelly. Greasy hair picks environmental pollutants and dirt easily that tends to make your hair unruly and it also smells very bad. Baking soda is a wonderful remedy for oily and smelly hair. It maintains the pH level of the scalp and controls the excess oil on the scalp. It keeps your scalp healthy and clean.
- Mix a part of baking soda along with three parts of water.
- Mix it thoroughly and apply it on your damp hair. Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse it with the cold water.
- Alternatively, mix a tablespoon of baking soda with your regular shampoo before washing your hair.
- Or, use baking soda as a dry shampoo to treat oily and smelly hair