Hair is a precious asset that needs to be taken cared off. Otherwise, you will regret losing them. Generally, our hair grows 2-3 cm per month. Even if you have completely shaved your heads the average rate of the hair growth will remain the same. However, you can increase the rate of hair growth by following the useful remedies. Read more to know, how long does it take for hair to grow and remedies for hair to grow fast.
How Long Does it Take for Hair to Grow?
It takes a month or more than it for hair to grow and years to grow long. However, the growth of the hair totally depends on the person to person and other factors like genetic, hormones, health of the hair and etc.
Remedies for Hair to Grow Fast:
1.) Scalp Massage and Oil Treatment for Hair to Grow
The scalp massage improves the blood to the hair shafts that help the hair to grow fast. Make sure that you massage your scalp thoroughly for a few minutes regularly. You can also opt for hot oil treatment.
- Warm some oil in the microwave.
- Leave it at room temperature so that it cools down.
- Once it cools down dip your fingers in it and massage the oil on your scalp. Move your fingers in the circular motion during the massage.
- Continue it until the oil is completely absorbed.
- Alternatively, add a few drops of castor oil to the base oil before applying it. Castor oil helps in hair growth and is a wonderful remedy for hair thinning.
- For this purpose, you can use almond oil, coconut oil or olive oil.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to the oil if you have dandruff or essential oil for effective results.
2.) Eggs for Hair to Grow Fast
Eggs are packed with the essential nutrients like protein that help in the build up of the hair since our hair are made of the protein known ad keratin. Moreover, it moisturizes the dry scalp thus it is a wonderful remedy for hair to grow fast.
- Separate the egg yolk and egg white. For this purpose, you have to use the egg yolk.
- In bowl whisks the eggs yolks and add two tablespoons of olive to it. Mix both the ingredients thoroughly.
- Apply this mixture thoroughly on the scalp and the hair. Leave it on for 20-30 minutes and then rinse it properly. Make sure you remove the foul odor of the egg from the hair.
- Alternatively, in a blender mix an egg, plain yogurt mayonnaise. Apply this mixture on your scalp and hair thoroughly. Leave it on for 30-40 minutes and then rinse it nicely.
- P.S – Do Not rinse egg with warm water.
3.) Rosemary for Hair to Grow Fast
Rosemary is very useful herb when it comes to hair growth. It promotes the hair growth. Also, it treats dandruff, hair thing strengthens the root of the hair that also helps to increase the rate of the hair growth. Moreover, it is packed with the antioxidants that are very good for the hair. And not to forget, it also has silica and sulfur that reverse the hair loss. It not only promotes the hair growth, in fact, it also helps to darken the hair color as well and unclogs the blocked hair shafts.
- Mix a few drops of the rosemary essential oil into the base oil. It could be almond oil, olive oil or coconut oil. Apply this mixture on your scalp and hair and massage it for a while. Leave for 30-40 minutes and then rinse it.
- Alternatively, Use rosemary water for the final rinse. For rosemary water steep a few rosemary sprigs in the hot water for 5-7 minutes. Allow it to cool and then strain the solution.
4.) Gooseberry for Hair to Grow Fast
Gooseberry is one of the effective home remedies for hair growth. It also helps to treat the premature graying also. It has certain properties that encourage the hair growth. Moreover, it is a good source of nutrients like Vitamin C that nourishes the hair.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil and add dried gooseberry to it. Heat it until it turns into black color.
- Strain the oil and allow it cool at the room temperature.
- Apply this on your scalp and hair. Leave this on for 30-40 minutes and then rinse your hair/
- Do this once in a week.
5.) Fish Oil for Hair to Grow Faster
Fish oil is packed with the omega-3 fatty acids that promote healthy, shiny and lustrous hair. Many times the deficiency of the fatty acids leads to hair fall or prevents the hair growth. So make sure you consume fish oil supplements. For an exact dosage consult your doctor. Flaxseeds oil is a good substitute for the fish oil.
Tips and Tricks for Hair Growth
- Consume a healthy diet.
- Trim your hair after 4-6 months to promote hair growth
- Use mild or herbal hair products.
- Avoid too much hairstyling.
- Avoid stress.
- Protect your hair from the sun.
- Hydrate yourself at regular intervals.
- Regularly brush your hair.
- Do a deep conditioning treatment regularly.