This article is about ways to make your hair lighter. Having the lighter shade in the summer give you a more trendy and stylish look. Most of the people like a lighter shade of hair in warmer months. There are number of products available in the market that can help you get a lighter shade. These products are enriched with chemicals and can have side effects as well. But getting a lighter shade does not mean that you have to go through all those harsh chemicals. There are a number of remedies that will help you get a lighter shade of hair color easily at home. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the best remedies to make your hair lighter. Read the article to know the best of them.
Ways to Make You Hair Lighter:
As said above, there are a number of methods that can help you get lighter shade of hair easily at home. These methods are easy to try and the remedies that you are supposed to use are easily available as well. Lightening hair at home is not at all expensive and thus you can lighten your hair without affecting your pocket. Here are some of the easiest remedies that you can try to make your hair lighter:
1.) Lemon to Make Your Hair Lighter
This is one of the most popular and traditional ways of making your hair lighter. Lemon is widely known for its bleaching properties and thus can be used effectively to get a lighter shade. Follow the given steps to use lemon to make your hair lighter:
- Take one cup of lemon juice and a same amount of water in the bowl.
- Mix them well and then pour the mixture in a spray bottle.
- Wet your hair in the shower and wrap a towel.
- When the towel soaks the water completely, remove the towel.
- Spray the prepared lemon mixture on your hair.
- Expose your hair to sunlight. (Do not sit in sunlight for more than 60 minutes)
- Come back in your room wait for 10 minutes and then rinse your hair.
- Allow it to dry on its own.
2.) Honey and Vinegar to Make Your Hair Lighter
Honey also has lightening properties and thus can be used to lighten the color of your hair. Vinegar also helps stimulate the process hair lightening. You should also mix olive oil as it prevents hair from getting dried. Follow the given steps to prepare the remedy:
- Take a bowl and add two cups of distilled vinegar to it.
- Add a cup of raw honey and two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to it.
- Also, add a tablespoon of grounded cardamom to it.
- Mix all the ingredients well and apply it on the damp hair.
- Also, comb your hair after applying so as it make it penetrate well.
- Cover it with a shower cap and leave overnight.
- In the morning, wash your hair nicely.
3.) Rhubarb to Make Your Hair Lighter
You can also go for rhubarb to lighten the color of your hair. If you have rhubarb at your place then it is well and good or else you can also get it from the grocery shop. You have to prepare a rinse with the rhubarb. What you have to do is:
- Take two cups of water in bowl and add one-fourth cup of chopped rhubarb to it.
- Allow it to boil for ten minutes.
- Strain the liquid and allow it to cool.
- When it cools down completely, use it to rinse your hair.
4.) Baking Soda to Make Your Hair Lighter
Baking soda is also one of the most effective remedies to lighten the color of your hair. The process is quite slow from the other methods but it is highly effective and efficient. You just have to rinse your hair with baking soda and you will be able to lighten the color of your hair naturally over time.
5.) Chamomile Tea to Make Your Hair Lighter
You can also go for tea bags to get lighter hair at home. Chamomile tea has lightening properties that will help you get a lighter shade of hair fast. Using it is easy. What you have to do is:
- Boil a tea bag in two cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Allow it to cool and use it to rinse your hair.
- Wait for two minutes and wash your hair with regular shampoo.
6.) Cinnamon to Make Your Hair Lighter
Cinnamon is also rich in properties that help you get lighter color fast. It not only lightens the color of your hair but it also smells great. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Take some conditioner in a bowl and add cinnamon powder to it.
- Mix it well and apply on your hair.
- Comb your hair for the even distribution.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave overnight.
- In the morning, wash it off.
7.) Vitamin C to Make Your Hair Lighter
This is the easiest way to make you hair lighter fast and naturally. What you have to do is just mix oil from eight to nine itVamin C capsules in your regular shampoo. Just use it to wash your hair regularly and you will get the results over the period of time.
8.) Salt Water Rinse to Make Your Hair Lighter
Salt is also highly effective at lightening the color of your hair. It has properties that help give you a lighter shade of the hair. Using salt water rinse is very simple and easy. What you have to do is:
- Take one part of salt in the bowl and five parts of water to it.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 15 minutes.
- Use it to rinse your hair.
9.) Vinegar to Make Your Hair Lighter
You can also go for vinegar in order to make your hair lighter. You can simply use it with water to make your hair lighter. It can take a longer time to lighten hair color with vinegar but it is highly effective. What you have to do is:
- Mix one part of apple cider vinegar with six parts of water.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and use it to rinse your hair.
10.) Henna to Make Your Hair Lighter
You can also try to lighten the color of your hair. You have to mix it with chamomile to improve its efficiency. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Take equal amount of Henna and chamomile powder.
- Boil it in water till it turns into a thick paste.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and then apply it on your hair.
- Wrap it with a plastic wrap and leave it for an hour and the wash off.