Grapeseed oil has been used since centuries to treat many skin and hair related problems. When there was no expensive cosmetics like branded shampoo, conditioners, serums and other hair treatment it was grape seed oil only that was used to take a good care of hair. You name a hair problem that this oil cannot treat. This oil has been infused with all the essential nutrients that our hair and skin needs. Read more, to know benefits of grapeseed oil and ways to apply grapeseed oil for hair.
Benefits of Grapeseed Oil for Hair:
- Grape seed oil moisturises your hair and works as a natural conditioner.
- It also treats dandruff and other scalp infections.
- Grapeseed oil reduces hair breakage and hair fall. It is packed with all the essential antioxidants and provide life to lifeless hair. Thus, it also promotes hair growth as well.
- Grape seed oil has Vitamin E that helps to build the tissue and support hair and skin growth. Therefore, it comes handy for treating brittle hair and restores the natural shine and strength of the hair.
Different Ways to Apply Grapeseed Oil for Hair:
1.) Grapeseed Oil with Essential Oils
- In a small bowl mix a few drops of grapeseed oil and lavender or rosemary oil. Warm this mixture for a few seconds. Then massage this oil into your scalp with fingers. Make sure that you apply the oil throughout the length of your tresses. After applying the oil thoroughly make a bun and cover your hair with a shower cap or warm towel. Leave it on for half an hour and then wash your hair.
- Alternatively, Mix 2 ounce of jojoba oil with 2 ounces of grapeseed oil and 3-4 drops of essential oil. Microwave this mixture for a few seconds and then spread it on your scalp and hair. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and then rinse your hair.
2.) Hot Oil Treatment
Warm 3-4 drops of grape seed oil. Apply this oil to your dry wet tresses. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and then rinse your hair. For a gleaming effect first, wash your tresses with warm water and at last rinse them with cold water. Repeat this 2-3 times a week.
3.) Grapeseed oil Massage
- Warm 2 tablespoon of grape seed oil on a water bath and with the help of a brush apply the oil on your scalp. After applying it on the scalp massage the oil with your fingertips until it is absorbed properly. This treatment is good for greasy tresses. For best results comb your hair so that the oil is spread thoroughly.
- To prevent the frizz, take a few drops of grapeseed oil in your palm rub it with both the palms and apply it throughout the length of your hair. You can do this before styling your hair as well. It will save your hair from the damage. This will help to prevent split ends also.
4.) Grapeseed Oil Mask
Another one of the ways to apply grapeseed oil for hair is, prepare a grapeseed oil mask. For a mask mix a few drops of grapeseed, egg white and lemon juice of half lemon. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly. apply this mixture on your hair. It will moisturize your hair and add a life to it. This hair mask is a good remedy for rashes and skin infection as well.
5.) Grapeseed Oil After Shampoo
Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and pat them dry with a towel. On the another hand prepare a mixture by mixing few drops of grapeseed oil and essential oil. Heat this mixture and then apply it on your hair and leave it on for 30 minutes and then again wash your hair. Repeat this treatment 2-3 times a week. This is one of the best way to apply grapeseed oil for hair.