Every woman craves for a long and luscious hair. However, you cannot get long hair in a single day or night. The rate of the hair growth is based on your wellbeing and genetic factors. But you can encourage the hair growth with healthy hair treatment. Below we have listed some of the ways and tips that will help you to get long hair.
Ways to Get Long Hair:
1.) Eat Right to Get Long Hair
A balanced diet is a key to all the hair related problems. It helps to grow hair faster. So make sure you eat fruits and vegetables that are packed with different nutrients such as Vitamins, zinc, iron, selenium and magnesium. Vitamin B complex in specific is necessary for the hair growth. Consume foods like spinach, broccoli, milk, yogurt, chicken, whole grains, oats, bell peppers, cabbage grapefruit, walnuts, flax seeds and drink fresh juices regularly.
2.) Scalp Massage t0 Get Long Hair
Scalp massage plays a vital role in improving the growth of the hair. It increases the blood flow to the hair shaft that stimulates the hair follicles. Moreover, it deep condition your hair and help to get rid of the hair problems such dandruff, split ends that hinder the growth of the hair.
- In a microwave warm the oil (olive oil, almond oil or coconut oil).
- Let the oil cool down then apply it on the scalp.
- Dip your fingers in the oil and massage your scalp in the scalp in the circular motion using your fingertips.
- Do not exert pressure on your scalp. Do this until the oil is absorbed nicely in the scalp.
- Leave it overnight and then shampoo your hair followed by the hair conditioner.
- You can also use hair conditioner to massage the scalp, instead.
- Do this 2 times a week to get long hair.
3.) Flip Your Hair Upside Down
Many of you might not be aware of this technique. This is a beneficial way to get long hair. While flipping the hair upside down, the blood circulation is improved and thus it promotes the hair growth at the faster rate. An all you have to do is flip your hair up and down for 7-8 times.
4.) Egg Mask to Get Long Hair
Another way to get long hair is often, apply an egg mask on your hair. An egg has all the essential nutrients that our hair needs to grow. It moisturizes the scalp and nourished the hair roots that help to promote the hair growth.
- Whisk an egg and add a few tablespoons of grapeseed oil and lavender oil to it. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Apply this mixture evenly on your hair. Make sure that you cover each hair strand.
- Leave it for an hour and then shampoo your hair. Egg has a strong smell so make sure that you remove it.
- Mix an egg yolk and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Apply this mixture onto your scalp and leave it on for 30-45 minutes and then wash it with a mild shampoo. Always use cold water to for the rinse.
- Whisk an egg; add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 1 cup of coconut milk and lemon juice from half lemon. Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Apply this mixture onto your hair and leave it for 30 minutes and then shampoo them.
5.) Vitamin and Herbal Supplements
Your diet might not provide you the sufficient amount of the nutrients that’s how the supplement comes handy. Supplements like fish oil, folic acid, kelp, flaxseed oil, biotin, promise oil, ginkgo Biloba, saw palmetto and etc. are good for hair, they encourage hair growth. However, consult your doctor before taking them.
6.) Herbs to Get Long Hair
Herbs are packed with essential nutrients that promote hair growth. Herbs like burdock, catnip, horsetail, sage, and nettle help to get long hair. They stimulate hair follicles and add luster to the hair. Whereas green tea has antioxidants and antibacterial properties that are also associated with the hair growth.
- Boil a cup of water and infuse the herbs listed above in it. Let it steep for a while.
- Use this solution to rinse your hair after the shampoo and conditioner.
- You can also mix this infusion of the herbs into your shampoo.
- Drink 2 cups of herbal tea regularly.
Other Tips to Get Long Hair:
- Trim your hair once in 4-6 weeks.
- Avoid stress. It acts as a barrier to hair growth. Laughter and meditation are the best therapy for stress.
- Do not shampoo your hair regularly and use herbal or mild shampoos and hair conditioners.
- Do not use heating tools to style your hair often. And apply a hair protectant before styling your hair.
- Do not use a hair dryer to dry your hair. Let them dry naturally
- Address your hair problems as soon as possible.
- Do not use all the remedies for long hair in the bulk.
- Use good quality hair combs.
- Do not comb your when they are wet.
- Do a cold water rinse at the end of the shower