Tea tree oil is a versatile ingredient that can be used for the number of skin and hair related problems. One of the common hair problems among children is head lice. It is a small parasite that leaves in the scalp and hair and they suck on blood. The good news is, tea tree oil has a solution for it as well. It can be used in many ways to get rid of the lice infestation. Read more, to know different ways to use tea tree oil for lice.
Ways to Use Tea Tree Oil for Lice:
1.) Tea Tree Oil for Lice
Tea tree oil has a natural insecticides, antibacterial, antiseptic, antiviral and antifungal properties with bacteria fighting ingredients. These properties and ingredients help to get rid of the lice. When it is coated on the scalp, the lice are not able to breathe and thus they die. Moreover, it heals the infected scalp as well.
- In a bowl mix a few drops of tea tree oil and water. Apply this solution evenly on the scalp.
- Leave it on for a night. Make sure you place a towel on the pillow before sleeping.
- Next morning comb your hair using a nit comb to remove the dead lice from the hair.
- Use a shampoo and conditioner that has tea tree oil to wash your hair.
- Repeat this once every week.
2.) Tea Tree Oil Spray
Another way to use tea tree for lice is oil spray. It is easy to use and give you the effective results.
- Mix a few drops of tea tree oil and two cups of water into the spray bottle.
- Spray this solution on the lice affected area such as hair, clothing, furniture, toys and animals.
- Repeat this regularly.
- Note: Keep it out of the baby’s reach.
3.) Coconut Oil with Tea Tree Oil for Lice
Coconut also helps to kill the lice. Plus, it has moisturizing properties. Often tea tree oil tends to dry the scalp thus coconut oil comes handy.
- In a bowl mix a tablespoon of coconut oil and a few drops of tea tree oil.
- Apply this mixture thoroughly on your scalp and hair.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap or a towel. Leave it on for 30-40 minutes.
- Use a nit comb to remove the dead lice from the hair and then shampoo it.
4.) Alcohol with Tea Tree Oil for Lice
You can also use alcohol to get rid of the lice. For this purpose rubbing alcohol comes handy. The solution of alcohol and tree oil helps to kill lice and the nits.
- In an empty spray bottle, mix a few drops of the tea tree oil and alcohol.
- Spray the solution on your scalp. Shake the bottle nicely before using it.
- Leave it overnight and then shampoo your hair.
- Do these 2 times a week.
5.) Lavender Oil with Tea Tree Oil for Lice
Lavender oil is a natural repellent thatS how it helps to get rid of the lice. It also nourishes the hair and can be used in the different ways for hair treatment.
- Mix a few drops of lavender oil with a teaspoon of tea tree oil.
- Apply this solution onto your hair and scalp.
- Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse it.
- Do this 2-3 times a week to get rid of the lice infestation.
6.) Vodka with Tea Tree Oil for Lice
You can also use vodka along with tea tree oil to get rid of the lice. Vodka works like rubbing alcohol. It is also a replant.
- Mix 2 ounces of vodka with a few drops of tea tree oil.
- Apply this solution on the scalp with the help of the cotton ball.
- Leave it overnight and then wash your hair.
- Repeat this when needed.
7.) Tea Tree Oil with Olive Oil for Lice
Olive oil has insecticide properties that kill the lice and thus it is one of the best home remedies for lice. For spare results use it with tea tree oil.
- Mix 3 tablespoons olive oil with a few drops of the tea tree oil.
- Apply this solution onto the scalp and hair thoroughly.
- Leave it on for 45-60 minutes and then rinse it with water.
- Use a nit comb to remove the dead bodies of the lice after the head wash.
8.) Natural Tea Tree Oil Shampoo for Lice
For effective results, you can prepare natural tea tree oil at home as well. This shampoo does not have any chemicals thus it is safe and sound for your scalp and hair. All you will need is rosemary oil, eucalyptus oil, tea tree oil and a herbal shampoo.
- Mix a teaspoon of all the oils i.e. eucalyptus, rosemary and tea tree oil.
- Pour this solution into an herbal shampoo.
- Use this mixture to wash your hair.