Straight hair is trendy and most desired by women. The best thing about this hairstyle is that it suits all face shape and types. There are various ways to get your hair straighten. Some girls choose harsh chemical treatment to get their hair straighten. You will be happy to know that there are natural ways to straighten your hair as well. This hair treatment needs time to get the perfect straight hair but they cause no damage to your hair. Here in this article, we are bringing up the ways to straighten natural hair.
Ways to Straighten Natural Hair:
1.) Bobby Pins to Straighten Natural Hair
You can pin-up your hair overnight to get straight hair. This process does not use any straightening product or tool. Here are the simple tools to straighten your hair.
- Wash your hair and condition them properly.
- Towel dry your hair.
- Do not allow your hair to completely dry. You can use a spray bottle to keep your hair damp and wet.
- Separate your hair into 4-6 parts.
- Use a detangling brush to brush your hair.
- Comb the sections properly.
- For the sections on the front side, you will need to brush them across.
- Take a section and cross it on the other sides and secure it with a pin. Similarly, pull the other side across and pin it up.
- Do the same with the other sections.
- Leave the hair with pins for overnight.
- Do not place the bobby pins too tightly.
- Remove the pins slowly next day.
2.) Bands to Straighten Natural Hair
You can also use bands to straighten your hair. For this, you will need a quite number of bands. This is the easiest and simple way to straighten your hair. Here are the steps to straighten your hair.
- Wash your hair and condition it properly.
- Towel dry your hair.
- Detangle your hair with a brush.
- Make two sections of your hair.
- Secure the hair to create two pigtails.
- Again tie the section up with a band keep a gap of one inch between the bands.
- Keep it for long hours.
- Remove the bands and brush the hair.
3.) Rollers to Straighten Natural Hair
Rollers have been used to straighten hair from past history. You can use rollers to straighten hair. Collect rollers of different sizes to use. For this, you need to follow the following steps.
- Shampoo and condition your hair.
- Gently press the hair with a towel and comb the damp hair with a wide tooth comb.
- Get a large roller and roll the hair. Start rolling from the ends till the roots.
- Secure them with a pin. Roll your entire hair with large rollers to straighten your hair.
- Let your hair dry.
- After your hair gets dry properly remove the rollers and brush your hair.
- Use a few drops of coconut oil to rub your hair, this will help you to get anti-frizzy hair.
4.) Coconut Milk Mask to Straighten Natural Hair
You will be surprised to know that you can straighten your hair by using coconut milk paste. The coconut oil is high in fiber and vitamins. This makes it an excellent hair care product. You can make a nourishing mask using coconut milk, olive oil, and lemon juice to straighten natural hair. But for people who have dyed or colored hair should avoid lemons. Here are the directions to make and use this mask.
- Take a cup of coconut oil.
- 2 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- 3 Tablespoons of cornstarch.
- 4 Tablespoons of lemon.
- Mix then together in a metallic bowl and wish them well.
- Use medium heat to heat it up until it becomes thick and smooth.
- Apply this paste on your hair like a mask. Apply an even layer to your hair from the root to the tip.
- Cover it with a shower cap.
- You can also use a warm towel to wrap your hair.
- Wash your hair with a gentle shampoo and condition it.
5.) Banana Mask to Straighten Natural Hair
You can also make a fine mask of banana for your hair. Bananas are rich in hair friendly nutrients like folate and B6, it also helps to lock the moisture in hair. Again olive oil helps to seal the hair cuticle while milk has a protein that helps to strengthen and moisturize your hair. You can use this hair mask on your colored hair to deep condition relax and straighten your hair.
- Peel 2-3 ripe bananas and slice them.
- Use a blender or food processor and smash the fruit.
- Add 2 tablespoons of yogurt, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Apply the mask evenly on your hair.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Leave your hair for an hour and wash the hair with a gentle shampoo and warm water.
- Use cold water for the final wash.