Balding and hair loss have become a common problem for both men and women. Dandruff, pollutions, use of too many chemicals and styling hair are one of the prime causes of the hair loss. Often heredity also plays a vital role in hair fall and hair loss. However, hair loss can be dealt that too without spending oodles of money. All you have to do is follow the below-listed home remedies for hair growth.
Remedies for Hair Growth:
1.) Scalp Massage for Hair Growth
Scalp massage with hot oil is one of the best home remedies for hair growth. It improves the blood circulation and supports hair growth.
Directions for Scalp Massage:
- Warm some olive oil, almond oil or coconut oil.
- Leave the oil to cool down enough to be applied on the scalp.
- Dip your fingers in the oil and apply the oil on your scalp.
- Massage the oil in the circular motion.
- Hot oil will open the blood cells and helps in hair growth.
- After scalp massage apply the leftover oil on the length of your hair.
- Leave it on overnight. Shampoo it the following day.
2.) Eggs for Hair Growth
Eggs are also one of the best home remedies for hair growth. Eggs are a good source of proteins and our air are also made up of proteins thus, eggs are very beneficial for the health of the hair. However, use only egg yolk for hair.
Directions to Apply Eggs:
- Whisk a few eggs (according to the length of your hair). Mix it with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Apply this mixture on your scalp thoroughly.
- Leave it on for 20-30 minutes. Cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Wash it with cold water. Make sure the odor of the egg is removed.
- Alternatively, you can mix egg yolk with mayonnaise and apply it on your scalp and hair.
3.) Indian Gooseberry for Hair Growth
Indian gooseberry promotes hair growth. In fact, it is good for overall health of the hair. It nourished the scalp and helps to get rid of grey hair as well.
Directions to Apply Indian Gooseberry:
- Warm some coconut oil and add some dried Indian gooseberry pieces. Cook them until the surface of the gooseberry turns black.
- Strain this solution and massage onto your scalp.
- Repeat this 2 times in a week to get long and luscious hair.
4.) Castor Oil for Hair Growth
Castor oil not only promotes hair growth infect it also helps to thicken hair. However, it is quite thick so make sure you add carrier oil into it before applying.
Directions to Apply Castor Oil:
- Heat any of the carrier oil i.e. almond, olive oil or coconut oil. Add a few drops of castor oil into it.
- Rub this mixture on your scalp and massage it thoroughly.
- Leave it for an hour and rinse your hair. Rinse it until the oil is completely removed from your hair.
- For best results you can add a few drops of rosemary oil into it.
5.) Rosemary for Long Hair
Rosemary is one of the beneficial herbs for hair growth. It supports hair growth and mantis the health of the hair. It is an effective remedy for hair loss and dandruff as well.
Directions to Apply Rosemary:
- Mix a few drops of rosemary oil into any of the base oil that is coconut, jojoba, avocado or coconut oil.
- Apply this combination of the oils on your hair and massage it thoroughly into your scalp.
- Leave it on for an hour then wash it.
- For an effective result use rosemary water for the final rinse.
6.) Lemon for Hair Growth
Lemon is a versatile ingredient. It helps to treat almost all hair related problems hair loss is one of them. It is a rich source of Vitamin C and Vitamin B complex as well. It stimulates blood circulation, get rid of grey hair and dandruff also.
Directions to Apply Lemon Juice:
- Mix on a part of the lemon juice with coconut oil or olive oil.
- Apply it thoroughly on your scalp and hair.
- Leave it on for 40-45 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair with a mild or herbal shampoo.
- Do this twice in a week.
7.) Fenugreek Seeds for Hair Growth
Fenugreek is one of the wonderful home remedies for hair growth. It is good for overall health of the hair as well. It has lecithin that moisturizes and strengthens the hair.
Directions to Apply Fenugreek Seeds:
- Soak a handful of fenugreek seeds in the water for a night.
- Next day grind the seeds.
- Mix the fenugreek paste with the coconut oil.
- Apply this mixture on your scalp and hair.
- Leave it on for 2 hours followed by a mild shampoo.
8.) Fish Oil for Hair Growth
Fish oil is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids that promote long, shiny and lustrous hair. The deficiency of the acids results in hair loss.
Ways to Use Fish Oil:
- Consume supplements of fish oil.
- Biotin tablets are a good source of fish oil.
- Flaxseeds are a good substitute for the fish oil.
9.) Beetroot Juice for Hair Growth
Beetroot juice is one of the best home remedies for hair growth. The vegetable beetroot is a good source of calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, silica, potassium, calcium, proteins, carotenoids and vitamins.
Ways to Use Beetroot Juice:
- The only way to use beetroot juice for hair growth is to drink a glass of beetroot juice daily.
- For spare benefits, you can add carrots, lettuce, coriander, cucumber also into it.
10.) Coconut Milk for Healthy Long Hair
Apart from coconut oil, coconut milk is equally beneficial for the hair. It supports hair growth and treats other hair problems as well. It gives you a complete nourishment and hair treatment.
Directions to Apply Coconut Milk:
- Use coconut oil to massage your scalp. Leave it on for an hour.
- Rinse it with lukewarm water.
- You can also apply the mixture of the Aloe-Vera gel and wheat germ oil. This mixture is also good for hair.