There are many reasons which can cause dry hair. The external factors, as well as the internal factors, are responsible for this hair condition. Use of heating tools and chemicals causes dry hair, on the other hand, pollution and diet are also a major factor for dry hair. The damaged hair can lead to worst conditions like hair fall and balding. Here in this article, we will go through some of the best home remedies for dry hair.
Home Remedies for Dry Hair
1.) Avocado Mask for Dry Hair
Avocado is a fruit which has proved to be beneficial for skin, health and hair. This amazing fruit promotes hair growth, prevent hair fall and get shiny long hair and most importantly moisturizes your scalp to treat the dry scalp and hair. Raw avocado is the storehouse of vitamins and minerals. This is the reason that the fruit has been used for hair treatment. You can combine this fruit with honey for dry hair. Here is the simple method to make this hair mask.
- Take a ripe avocado scoop it out.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Mash the avocado until it makes a smooth paste avoid lumps in the paste.
- Apply this smooth paste to your hair and scalp like a mask. Clip your hair.
- Cover it with a shower cap.
- Leave it on for 40-50 minutes. After that rinse your hair thoroughly and condition them.
2.) Banana Mask Remedies for Hair
Bananas are rich in hair friendly nutrients like folate and B6. For dry hair, you can use a banana mask. It also helps to lock the moisture in hair. Add some olive to seal the hair cuticle while milk has a protein that helps moisturize your hair. You can use this hair mask on your colored hair to deep condition and nourish the dry hair.
- Peel 2-3 ripe bananas and slice them.
- Use a blender or food processor and smash the fruit.
- Add 2 tablespoons of yogurt, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Apply the mask evenly on your hair.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Leave your hair for an hour and wash the hair with a gentle shampoo and warm water.
- Use cold water for the final wash.
3.) Coconut Oil Remedies for Dry Hair
Coconut oil is rich in Vitamin K, vitamin D, and iron. This oil helps you to solve of the dry and damaged hair. It penetrates into the hair and provide nutrition to our hair and make them strong. The stronger the hair remain the longer they remain. You can massage your scalp with coconut oil do a turban therapy for dry hair.
- Warm the required amount of coconut oil.
- Let the coconut oil hair conditioner cool slightly, check properly if it is warm.
- Later pour this on the top of your head and use your fingers to evenly distribute it evenly on your scalp and hair.
- Gently continue the message from the crown to the lower part of the scalp and hair.
- For a towel to do the therapy.
- Dip the center part of the towel and squeeze out the extra hot water.
- Wrap this warm towel on you head like a turban. To steam your hair and get a healthy hair. Do it for several times, change the turban as soon as the towel gets cold.
4.) Olive Oil For Dry Hair
This oil is a popular home remedy for dry hair. Olive oil is rich in vitamins and antioxidants which help to treat the dry and damaged hair. Use olive for a hot oil hair treatment for your dry hair and scalp. For this, you need to go through the following steps.
- Take the adequate amount of oil. Warm it up in a microwave.
- Apply the lukewarm oil over your scalp and hair shafts.
- Use your fingers to give a light massage to your scalp.
- Cover your hair with a warm towel, if you wish you can keep the oil overnight.
- Shampoo your hair and condition it.
5.) Eggs for Dry Hair
Eggs are one of the effective remedies for dry hair. Eggs are the powerhouse of protein and essential nutrients for your hair. The lecithin helps to repair your hair and repair the damage. It adds moisture and shine to your dry hair. Here is the best way to use eggs for your hair.
- Whip an egg with 2 tablespoons of lukewarm water.
- Apply it to your damp hair and scalp.
- Use your fingers for a gentle massage. Remember not to massage in a circular motion, that might tangle your hair.
- Leave it for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash your hair and condition it.
6.) Beer Remedies for Dry Hair
Do you know that beer is the perfect hair product for dry hair? Yes, It is an excellent hair conditioner. It helps to repair the damaged hair cuticles and nourishes your hair to make them silky and healthy. So, if you have dry hair just pour some beer on your hair, it is one of the effective home remedies for dry hair. It is simple to use simply spray a small amount of beer onto your hair after you shampoo.
7.) Apple Cider Vinegar Remedies for Dry Hair
Apple cider also helps to bring back your hair alive. You can combine 1 teaspoon with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the white part of 3 eggs. Use this mixture to rub your hair. Cover your hair with a shower cap for 30 minutes. Later wash your hair and condition it.
8.) Yogurt Remedies for Dry Hair
Yogurt is beneficial for hair especially the dry once. It is an effective treatment for the dry hair which is easy and simple to do. The lactic acid in yogurt helps to cleanse your hair while the proteins in it moisturize your hair. Here is one of the easy remedies for dry hair.
- Take adequate amount of yogurt and mix it with eggs.
- Apply yogurt to your hair and scalp like a mask .
- Leave for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash it off and condition.
8.) Aloe Vera Home Remedies for Dry Hair
An Aloe Vera mask can do the job for you. This gel is found in the leaves of the Aloe Vera plant. It has anti-inflammatory properties, deep conditioning qualities and moisturizes the hair and the scalp. It is one of the perfect home remedies for dry hair. Just get some fresh gel or juice to apply to your hair. Keep it for a while and wash it off using water.