This article is about remedies to prevent hair loss. Heredity, various medicines, hormonal changes, nutritional deficiency and stress are prime causes of hair loss. Once the hair fall starts it’s difficult to reverse it so it’s better to start taking precautions before handily. As they say, prevention is better than cure so start following the remedies to prevent hair loss before you start losing your luscious locks.
Remedies to Prevent Hair Loss:
1.) Hair Oil Massage to Prevent Hair Loss
The best way to stop hair fall is hair oil massage. It improves the blood circulation to the hair shafts and moisturizes the scalp. Plus it also combats stress which one of the major cause of the hair loss.
Directions for Hair Oil Massage:
- In a bowl take some base oil like almond, coconut, olive, castor oil or any other oil. For added benefits you can add a few drops of essential oil into it.
- Heat the oil for a few seconds. Leave it until it cools down enough to be applied.
- Dip your fingertips in the oil and massage it on the scalp on the circular motion.
- Do this until the oil is completely absorbed. Make sure the oil does not drift.
- You can also massage it without heating.
2.) Fenugreek to Prevent Hair Loss
Fenugreek is one of the successful remedies to prevent and treat hair loss. It has hormone antecedents that promote hair growth and rebuilds the hair follicles. Plus, it is packed with nicotinic and proteins and stimulate the growth of the hair.
Directions to Apply Fenugreek:
- Soak a cup of fenugreek seeds for a night.
- Grind them next morning to get a thick paste.
- Apply this paste onto your hair and scalp.
- Over it with a shower cap and leave it for 45-60 minutes.
- Rinse it thoroughly.
- Do this once in a month to control hair fall.
3.) Aloe-Vera to Prevent Hair Loss
It is found that application of Aloe-Vera gel or juice helps to prevent hair loss. It has enzymes that stopsthe hair fall and encourages healthy hair growth. It also has an alkalizing property that maintains the pH level of the scalp.
Directions to Apply Aloe-Vera:
- Apply fresh Aloe-Vera gel onto your scalp and hair.
- Leave it on for a few hours then rinse it off.
- Do this 2-3 times week to reduce hair fall.
4.) Licorice Root to Prevent Hair Loss
Licorice root is a wonderful herb that helps to prevent and stop hair loss. It also helps to prevent hair damage.
Directions to Apply Licorice Roots:
- In a cup of milk add a teaspoon of saffron and ground licorice root. Mix it thoroughly.
- Apply this mixture on your scalp and on the bald patches if there are any.
- Leave it on overnight
- Wash it next morning.
- You can also drink licorice tea to treat hair fall.
5.) Onion Juice to Prevent Hair Loss
Onion juice is packed with the sulfur content that helps to prevent hair loss. It improves the blood circulation to the hair shafts and regenerates hair follicles. Plus, it has antibacterial properties that come handy for treating scalp infection.
Directions to Apply Onion Juice:
- Apply onion juice on the scalp. Leave it for 20-30 minutes and then rinse it off.
- Alternatively, mix some onion juice with Aloe-Versa gel and olive oil. Apply this mixture onto your scalp and wash it after an hour.
6.) Indian Gooseberry to Prevent Hair Loss
Indian gooseberry is considered bliss for hair. It is good for overall health of the hair including hair fall. It moisturizes the scalp and strengthens the roots of the hair.
Directions to Use Indian Gooseberry:
- Mix a tablespoon of lemon juice and Indian gooseberry pulp.
- Leave it for a night.
- Use this paste to massage your scalp.
- Leave it on and cover it with a shower cap.
- After one hour rinse it thoroughly.
7.) Beetroot to Prevent Hair Loss
Beetroot juice is packed with essential nutrients such as phosphorus, calcium, proteins, vitamins and potassium that strengthens the roots of the hair and stops hair fall.
Directions to Apply Beetroot:
- Drink beetroot juice regularly.
- For spare benefits add alfalfa juice, spinach juice, lettuce juice or carrot juice into it before drinking.
- Alternatively, grind some beetroot leaves with henna and apply it onto your scalp and hair. Leave it on for 30 minutes before rinsing it.
8.) Flaxseeds to Prevent Hair Loss
Flaxseeds are successful remedies for hair loss. It is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids. It is good for overall health of the hair as well.
Directions to Use Flaxseeds:
- Add flaxseeds in your meal to prevent hair loss.
- Alternatively, grind it and mix it with hair oil before applying.
9.) Antioxidants to Prevent Hair Loss
Antioxidants play a major role in hair strengthening. They boost hair regrowth and prevents hair loss.
Directions to Use Antioxidants:
- Consume fruits that are a good source of antioxidants.
- Green tea is also a good source of antioxidants. Drinking and applying green tea will equally help to prevent the hair loss.
10.) Mediation to Prevent Hair Loss
You believe it not meditations is a wonderful remedy for hair loss. It keeps the stress at the bay which is one of the prime causes of the hair fall. Moreover, it promotes the blood circulation to the hair follicles. To prevent hair loss regularly meditates for at least 30 minutes.
Tips to Prevent Hair Loss:
- Consume a balanced diet.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol.
- Use hairstyling equipment’s as less as possible.
- Do not comb your hair when they are damp or wet.
- Use a good quality comb.
- Use herbal and mild hair care products.