Hair thickening and hair loss has become a major problem among both men and women. Stress, heredity, environmental changes, lack of nutrients, hormonal imbalances, scalp allergies and over using of harsh chemicals are some of the prime causes of hair thinning. However, the problem has a solution and that too at the convenience of the home. Below we have listed remedies to make your hair thicker. Follow them regularly to get thick hair.
Remedies to Make Your Hair Thicker:
1.) Healthy Diet to Make Your Hair Thicker
A healthy diet promotes healthy and thick hair. Consume a balanced diet that includes all the nutrients especially vitamins and proteins since they promote hair growth and help to treat hair thinning. Include fresh juices, fruits, green vegetables and nuts in your diet.
2.) Castor Oil to Make Your Hair Thicker
Castor oil helps to treat the hair thickening. It adds volume to your locks and makes your hair thicker. It has a high viscosity that can be coated on the hair thoroughly. It also helps to get rid of the hair fall. Moreover, it has Vitamin E that is good for overall health of the hair.
- In a bowl take a tablespoon of the base oil (coconut, almond oil olive oil) add a few drops of the castor oil to it.
- Warm this mixture into the microwave.
- Leave it to cool at the room temperature.
- Use this combination of the oils to massage your scalp and hair.
- Leave on for a few hours and then wash them followed by the conditioner.
- Note: Do not use castor oil alone since it is very thick.
3.) Olive Oil to Make Your Hair Thicker
Olive oil can also help you to get rid of the hair thinning. It adds body to the hair and gives it a volume to make it. Olive oil also nourishes the hair and makes them strong and soft.
- In a bowl pour a tablespoon of the olive oil, warm it in the microwave.
- Leave it at the room temperature then use this oil to massage your scalp and hair.
- Leave it on overnight and shampoo your hair next morning.
- For effective results add a teaspoon of the honey to the olive oil before applying it.
4.) Eggs to Make Your Hair Thicker
Egg is packed with the protein that helps out to get stronger and thicker. It can also be used for the protein hair treatment.
- Whisk 1-2 eggs (depending on the length of your hair). Apply this it on your damp hair and leave it for 30-40 minutes. Then wash your hair with cold water and shampoo it.
- Alternatively, in a bowl mix a tablespoon of the hair oil and egg yolk. Mix the ingredients thoroughly and apply evenly onto your hair. Leave it on for an hour and then wash your hair.
5.) Gooseberry to Make Your Hair Thicker
Gooseberry is packed with the essential properties such as antibacterial, antioxidant and exfoliate thus it is a bust solution for hair thickening. It also promotes the hair growth.
- Mix a tablespoon of the gooseberry powder and two tablespoons of the coconut oil and heat it.
- Strain the oil and use it to massage onto your scalp.
- Leave it on for a night and wash it with a mild shampoo next morning.
- Mix some gooseberry powder and warm water. Leave it for a few minutes.
- Apply this paste on your hair and leave it on for 30-40 minutes, then wash it with a mild shampoo.
- Consume the gooseberry fruit regularly.
6.) Avocado to Make Your Hair Thicker
Avocado has moisturizing properties. It hydrates the scalp and treats the dryness that is the prime cause of the hair thinning. Moreover, it has vitamin E that is good for overall health of the hair.
- In a bowl mix mashed banana and mashed avocado with a tablespoon of the olive oil. Massage this mixture over the scalp and apply it on the hair evenly.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash it.
7.) Fenugreek Seeds to Make Your Hair Thicker
Fenugreek seed also helps to deal with the hair thickening problem. It prevents hair loss and promotes the hair growth at the faster rate.
- Soak a handful of the fenugreek seeds in the water overnight. Next morning grind it into a paste. Apply this paste on your scalp and hair. Leave it on for 30-40 minutes and then wash your hair with the mild shampoo. Do this once in a week to make your hair thicker.
- Alternatively, use the water of fenugreek seed (used for soaking the seeds) to wash your hair. It will also help you to get rid of dandruff.
8.) Henna Leaves to Make Your Hair Thicker
Another remedy that you can use to get thick hair is henna leaves. They have been used from the ancient times to treat a number of hair related problems. Plus, it gives color to your hair as well.
- Grind fresh henna leaves the water to get a thick paste. Leave this paste for 20-30 minutes and then apply it to your hair. Leave it on for 2-3 hours and then rinse your hair.
- Alternatively, you can use henna powder to make your hair thicker. Mix a tablespoon of henna powder and yogurt. Leave this mixture for some time and then apply it on your hair. Leave it on until it dries completely and then rinse it with water and followed by the mild shampoo.
9.) Flaxseeds to Make Your Hair Thicker
Flaxseeds are a good source of protein and omega 3 fatty acids that promotes hair thickening. Also, it is useful for the overall health of the hair as well.
- Soak a handful of flax seeds in the water overnight. Next morning boil the flax seeds in the water until you get the thick consistency. Strain the solution and apply it onto your hair. Leave it on for 30-40 minutes and then rinse your hair.
- Also, consume flaxseeds to promote healthy and thick hair.
- You can also apply flaxseeds oil.
10.) Aloe Vera to Make Your Hair Thicker
Aloe Vera has a moisturizing property. It hydrates the scalp and promotes thick hair. It also maintains the pH level of the scalp.
- Extract gel from the fresh leafs of the Aloe Vera and apply this gel on your hair. Leave onto your hair for few minutes and then rinse it.
- You can also add Aloe Vera gel into your hair oil before applying it.