In this article, we are discussing several ways to lighten your hair with simple and easy home remedies. Due to hair dyes you and your hair can have severe consequences on the health. Most of the times, we use harmful chemicals without knowing the harmful effects on our hair and health. This results in complication of maintaining shiny, silky and healthy hair health. So before resorting to artificial products look for something natural and less harmful. We have listed some simple and DIY home remedies to lighten your hair fast.
Top Ways to Lighten Your Hair
1.) Lemon Juice and Olive Oil
The mix of lemon juice and olive is a great combination to lighten your hair at home. Lemon consists of vitamin C and citric that acts as a natural highlighter. Olive oil consists of vitamin E and K that effectively lighten your hair with shine. To use this remedy, follow the steps given below:
- Take 2 tablespoons of olive and squeeze half a lemon in it.
- Now apply this solution all over your hair with a comb.
- Now, sit under the sun for about 10-15 minutes to boost the bleaching effect.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo and hair conditioner for better results.
2.) Cinnamon Powder and Honey
This is another blend of good home remedy to lighten your hair at home easily. Honey consists of lightening properties and also helps soften the hair. To use this remedy, follow the steps given below:
- Take 2 tsp. of cinnamon powder and honey each.
- Mix it well together and mix it with your conditioner.
- Apply this mix on your wet hair.
- Keep it for 15-20 minutes then wash it off with cool water.
- Let your hair dry under the sun for another 10 to 15 minutes.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a natural ingredient to lighten your hair easily at home without any damage. It also helps soothe your scalp and moisturizes your hair naturally. To try this method, follow the steps given below:
- Take 3 cups of normal water and 3-4 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar and mix it well.
- Run this mixture after you shampoo your hair.
- Sit for 10-25 minutes under the sun to boost the lightning process.
4.) Aloe Vera and Lemon Juice
Aloe Vera and lemon is a great combination to lighten your hair effectively. Aloe Vera consists of vitamin C in great content that has some bleaching properties. To use this method, follow the steps given below:
- Take 3 tbsp. of aloe Vera gel and mix some fresh lemon juice and some amount of conditioner.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Apply this mixture thoroughly on your hair.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap or plastic bag for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with normal water and allow it to dry naturally.
- To boost the effect you can sit 10 minutes under the sun.
5.) Chamomile Tea
Chamomile is another beneficial remedy to lighten your hair at home. Chamomile is the one of the best tricks to lighten hair easily. This flower has several lighten properties that are less damaging and looks very attractive. To use this remedy, follow the steps given below:
- Take some chamomile flower and boil it in a bowl of water for 15 minutes.
- You can also use chamomile tea bag for the same.
- Strain the water and let it cool down for sometimes.
- Now, rinse your hair with this water and wait for 15-20 minutes.
- Then wash your hair with normal water.
6.) Rhubarb to Lighten Your Hair
Rhubarb is said to be the great home remedy to lighten your hair. Rhubarb mixed with water becomes a strong agent to lighten your hair fast. To try this remedy, follow the steps given below:
- Take some pieces of rhubarb and make a fine paste using a grinder.
- Mix half of fresh lemon juice.
- Apply this mixture all over your hair.
- Keep it for 15-20 minutes.
- Sit under the sun for 10 minutes to boost the lightening effect.
- Rinse your hair with normal water and make sure you condition your hair as lemon can make your hair dry and rough.
7.) Use Henna Powder
Henna powder is a strong ingredient that helps lighten your hair easily. To try this method, follow the steps given below:
- Take some chamomile tea in a bowl.
- Mix some amount of henna to this chamomile tea.
- Apply this mixture all over your hair.
- Cover your hair with a plastic bag or a shower cap.
- Keep it for 1 hour then rinse it off well.
8.) Try Baking Soda
Baking soda is another best home treatment to lighten your hair fast. It is not only beneficial to lighten hair but it also helps remove the accumulation of chemicals exposed from different shampoos and dyes. To use this method, follow the steps given below:
- Take some baking soda and mix it with water to make a fine paste.
- Apply this all over your hair.
- Leave it for an hour by covering your hair with shower cap or a plastic bag.
- Wash your hair with normal water.