Hair color can be changed, there are various ways to lighten your hair. If you have a light dark brown hair you can make some efforts to make your hair lighter. This does not mean that you should go through some chemical process. You can go for some natural and home remedies for the same purpose. Here in this article, we will discuss various ways to lighten dark brown hair.
Ways to Lighten Dark Brown Hair:
1.) Use Lemon to Lighten Dark Brown Hair
Lemon juice is a natural lightening product for hair and skin. It helps you to lighten your hair naturally. Here are the best and easy ways to use lemons for hair lightening.
- Take some fresh lemon and squeeze out the juice.
- Dilute the lemon juice with distilled water, do not forget to take both in equal amount.
- Use it like a toner this will help you to lighten your hair.
- Rinse your hair with this solution and wash it off after 15 minutes.
2.) Use Tea to Lighten Dark Brown Hair
Tea has many properties which are beneficial for hair. The best tea for lightening hair is chamomile tea. It is considered as a hair lightening agent. You can also use black tea but chamomile is more effective for the purpose. It’s very easy to use too. Simply boil water and steep a tea bag for few minutes. Let the liquid cool down and use it 2 or 3 times before shampooing your hair.
3.) Use Baking Soda to Lighten Dark Brown Hair
Baking soda is also a hair lightening agent. Surprised? Yes, it is actually effective in stripping your hair chemical buildup and lighten your hair. But the process takes a long time. You can use baking soda on your hair about once each week for this purpose. Every time you use baking soda it will strip off the harmful chemicals out and lighten your hair naturally over time. Here are steps to use baking soda to lighten your hair naturally.
- Take about ½ cup.
- Add enough warm water to make a medium paste.
- Cover your hair with the paste well.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes later wash it away.
4.) Use Henna to Lighten Dark Brown Hair
Henna leaves is a hair lightening agent which is very effective and most popular hair conditioner. Henna is actually a leaf which is available in powder form too. You can combine the henna powder with chamomile to lighten hair. Here are the things that you will need:-
- Boiling water
- Henna Powder
Simply mix equal amounts of the powders to make a thick paste when added to boiling water. Let the paste cool down, if you have time then make the mixture a night prior to the day you will apply. Apply this mixture into your wet hair. Cover it with a shower cap or a plastic bag over your hair and leave the mixture for about an hour. Later wash it off.
5.) Cinnamon for Lighten Dark Brown Hair
Cinnamon is also a hair lightening agent. It smells great too. Here are simple steps for effective usage of cinnamon to lighten your hair naturally.
- Take some cinnamon powder.
- Mix it with your hair conditioner.
- Apply a firm coat on your hair of this mixture from top to bottom, comb the mixture through to ensure that it coat is evenly spread all over your hair.
- Secure with a clip or cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Leave the mixture on overnight.
- Later rinse and shampoo.
6.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Lighten Dark Brown Hair
This vinegar has acidic properties for which it is also used for lightening the hair color. It is effective and leaves a reddish highlight on your hair same way as the hair colors do. Here are the simple steps to use apple cider vinegar to lighten your hair naturally.
- Mix apple cider vinegar 50/50 with distilled water.
- Spray this solution on all over to lighten your hair and wash it off after an hour.
- You can also apply it with a cotton ball or a brush.
- Leave on 30 minutes and wash it off.
7.) Vitamin C to Lighten Dark Brown Hair
Vitamin C is beneficial for your hair. It not only lighten your hair but also helps to keep them smooth, silky and healthy. It is simple to use too.
- Just take about 8 or 9 Vitamin C tablets.
- Crush them.
- Mix with your favorite shampoo.
- Shampoo with the mixture and then condition.
8.) Use Salt to Lighten Dark Brown Hair
Did you know that salt can help you to lighten your hair? Never imagined? Salt indeed is an effective agent for hair lightening.
- Mix salt with water
- Keep the ratio of salt and water as 1:5.
- Rinse your hair with it.
- Allow it to sit in hair for at least 15 minutes and then rinse clean.
9.) Use Rhubarb to Lighten Dark Brown Hair
This is another effective agent for hair lightening. Here are simple steps to use this for the purpose.
- Take ¼ cup of chopped rhubarb.
- Add it to 2 cups of water.
- Boil these together and strain the juice.
- Let it cool down. Later you can apply it to your hair and leave on for 10 minutes.
- Wash it properly. It might take time because of the stickiness of the rhubarb.
10.) Honey and Vinegar to Lighten Dark Brown Hair
Both honey and vinegar are lightening agents, to lighten your hair you can mix both of them for this purpose. Here are the simple steps to make a mixture of both.
- Take 2 cups of distilled vinegar.
- You will also need 1 cup of organic honey. Add them.
- After that add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Apply this to your damp hair and brush your hair,
- Wrap your hair with a shower cap, keep it for a few hours or for overnight and wash it off.