Hair thinning is a major problem. Excessive loss of hair sometimes leads to balding. There are many factors that lead to hair loss. This factors may be internal or external. Excessive physical stress, hormonal imbalances, deficiencies can be some of the internal factors for hair loss. On the other hand pollution, chemical based hair care products etc can be the external causes for hair loss. Here in this article, we will help you out with the best home remedies and natural ways to thicken hair fast. Apart from expensive treatments, there are ways in which we can treat and get thicker and voluminous hair.
Ways to Thicken Hair:
1.) Eggs to Thicken Hair
Protein is a very important nutrient for our body and hair as well. It is an essential element for strong and promotes thick hair. Eggs are rich in protein. Use egg for effective protein hair treatment. Here are the ways you can use eggs for your hair.
- Wash your hair properly.
- Take two or three eggs, depending on the length of your hair.
- Beat it properly and collect it in a bowl.
- Apply the egg on the wet hair like a mask.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Later wash it using lukewarm water and shampoo your hair.
- Use cold water to finally rinse the hair at last.
You can also combine egg with a tablespoon of hair oil or essential oil add a tablespoon of water to make a fine mixture. Apply it to your hair like a mask in the same way as mentioned above. Keep it for 30 minutes and wash your hair using lukewarm water and then shampoo your hair. You can do this for 2-3 times a week.
2.) Olive Oil to Thicken Hair
Olive oil is not only beneficial for the skin it is also beneficial for the hair. It moisturizes your hair and provides essential nutrients. Here is the best way to use olive oil for hair.
- Wash your hair thoroughly, so that you get rid of the oil and unwanted dust particles.
- Take the required amount of olive oil and warm it up. The required amount of oil depends on the length of your hair.
- Massage your scalp with the warm olive oil. Use your fingers to give a gentle massage to your scalp.
- Apply the oil evenly to your hair, from root to tip.
- Leave it on for 30-40 minutes.
- If you wish you can keep it overnight.
- Wash it off the next day.
You can also use olive oil with honey to solve this problem. Mix some honey with the oil and mix them well. Apply it on your hair and scalp. Leave it for 30-45 minutes and wash your hair. You can do this for 2-3 times a week.
3.) Avocado to Thicken Hair
Avocado is a natural moisturizer for our body and hair. This fruit is rich in Vitamin E and contributes to the health of overall hair shaft. Here are the simple and easy ways to use avocado for healthy hair.
- Smash an avocado.
- Smash one banana.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Mix them well.
- Use this mixture to massage your scalp.
- Use your fingers and gently massage the scalp.
- Leave it on for 30-45 minutes.
- Wash your hair with shampoo.
You can also make a hydrating mask out of this fruit. Here are the following steps.
- Smash a ripe avocado.
- Take two tablespoons of wheat germ oil.
- Mix them well.
- Apply this paste as a mask to your hair.
- Leave it on for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Wash your hair.
You can do this once in a week to get thick hair.
4.) Fenugreek Seeds to Thicken Hair
Fenugreek seeds are effective for hair loss. You can use it to prevent hair loss and enjoy better hair growth. Here are the ways you can use this seed for your hair.
- Soak 2-3 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds.
- After soaking it for 10 hours grind the seeds to make a fine paste.
- Add two teaspoon of coconut milk.
- Apply the paste on your hair.
- Keep it on for 30-45 minutes.
- Wash your hair with like warm water.
You can use the fenugreek seeds overnight on your hair this will help you to get rid of dandruff and also encourage hair growth.
5.) Indian Gooseberry to Thicken Hair
The anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial and exfoliating properties present in the Indian gooseberry helps to promote thick hair. Here is a simple process to use them for hair growth.
- Mix one tablespoon of Indian gooseberry powder in two tablespoons of coconut oil and heat it.
- Strain the oil.
- Apply the oil to your scalp and keep it overnight.
- Wash your hair the next day.
You can also take the Indian gooseberry fruit as a dietary supplement for healthy hair and skin.
6.) Castor Oil to Thicken Hair
You can use this oil for regular massage. The oil has vitamin E and fatty acids. Apply an even coat of this oil on your hair. This will protect your hair against hair fall to promote hair growth.
- You can simply warm up the required amount of castor oil.
- Apply it on your scalp and massage in circular motion for 10 minutes.
- Apply an even coat on your hair.
- Comb your hair to distribute the oil throughout the entire length of your hair.
- Leave it for an hour or overnight.
- Wash it off.
7.) Aloe Vera to Thicken Hair
The Aloe Vera leaves bear a gel which is beneficial for hair and skin. You can use this gel to moisturize your hair. This gel also maintains the pH level of your hair.
- Get a garden fresh leaf of Aloe Vera, extract the gel.
- Mix a tablespoon of coconut milk.
- Apply this on your scalp and hair.
- Leave it on for an hour.
- Wash your hair using a shampoo.
You can do this every alternate day to get long healthy hair. Aloe vera gel is also eatable. A tablespoon of the Aloe Vera juice every day will also help you to get thick and healthy hair.
8.) Herbal Henna to Thicken Hair
Use henna to thicken hair. The henna leaves help you to get rich natural color and soft thicker hair. You can use this henna to treat your hair problems.
- Grind a handful of fresh henna leaves or get the adequate amount of henna powder.
- Add the required amount of water to make a fine paste.
- You can also use green tea instead of water to make the fine paste.
- Add yogurt.
- Apply this paste to your hair and scalp.
- Leave it on for 30-45 minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
- If possible oil your hair after applying henna, you can keep it overnight or at least a time period of one hour.
- Later wash your hair using shampoo.
9.) Flaxseed for Hair Treatment
Flaxseed is rich in fatty acids and protein, this beneficial property of flaxseed makes it a perfect product for hair care and hair growth. Here is a simple and easy way to use this oil to thicken hair.
- Soak a quarter cup of flaxseed with water overnight.
- Next day boil it in two cups of water.
- Boil until it forms a thick foamy jelly.
- Add a few drop of essential oil.
- Allow it to cool down, later use it like a hair gel.
10.) Healthy Diet for Thick Hair
A healthy diet is the base of good health and healthy hair. Protein and Vitamin B, in particular, are the essential nutrients that promote thicker and longer hair. Include foods like egg, milk, yogurt, fish, beans, pulses nuts and green vegetables in your diet to get thicker hair.