Hair makes lots of difference. Dry hair is one of the common problems faced by both men and women. In this article, we are discussing several remedies to get rid of dry hair. There are several problems that lead to dry hair. Hair becomes dry when the natural oil from your hair is removed due to activities like swimming, sunbathing, styling products, overuse of hair dryers. There are other factors also that affect your hair is mentioned below:
Causes of Dry Hair
- Heredity problem
- Cuticle damage
- High porosity
- Skipping conditioners
- Excessive use of harsh alcohols and soaps
- Exposure to the sun
- Menses kinky hair disease
- Use of dye, relaxers, etc.
- Lack of moisture in hair
- Using cotton pillow while sleeping
Best Remedies to Get Rid of Dry Hair
1.) Hot Oil Massage to Treat Dry Hair Fast
This is a great remedy to get rid of dry hair. This method has been used since ages to treat several hair problems. Hot oil massage helps improves blood circulation. This will help produce more sebum that will protect your locks from drying. Hot oil also nourishes your hair and lubricates dry hair thus prevent hair damage. To try this method, follow the steps given below:
- Take 3-4 tablespoons of coconut oil and warm it a bit.
- Apply this oil to your scalp and hair.
- Massage gently with your fingers.
- Leave it for 30-4- minutes and cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Wash your hair with normal water and a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this method 2-3 times a week for best results.
2.) Eggs for Dry Hair
Eggs are one of the best treatments to treat dry hair fast. The egg is rich in protein and acts as a natural moisturizer for your hair. Our hair is also made up of a protein called keratin that helps make your hair look shinier and stronger. Likewise, egg help cleanses your scalp and moisturize dehydrated hair. To try this method, follow the steps given below:
- Take 1-2 eggs and beat them properly.
- Adding lemon juice is optional.
- Apply this mixture to your hair.
- Keep it for 30-40 minutes.
- Wash your hair with normal water.
- Repeat this method for 2-3 times a week.
3.) Avocado to Get Rid of Dry Hair Fast
Avocado is also a great remedy to get rid of dry hair. It consists of vitamin A, D, E and K that nourishes your hair well and prevents dull and dry hair. It is also good for strong and shinier hair. Avocado also consists of Vitamin H and Biotin that produces good fat and sebum to your scalp. To try this method, follow the steps given below:
- Take one ripe avocado and 1 tablespoon of coconut or olive oil.
- Mix well both the ingredients well to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste to your scalp and hair.
- Wear a shower cap and leave it for 40-50 minutes.
- Wash your hair with normal water and a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this method 1-2 times a week for great results.
4.) Aloe Vera to Treat Dry Hair Fast
Aloe vera is another beneficial herb for general health including scalp and hair. It helps you manage frizzy and dry hair. The aloe vera gel helps condition and moisturizes your hair making them smooth and silky. You can use aloe vera as a nourishing mask or for deeply conditioning your dry hair. To try this method, follow the steps given below:
- Take one fresh aloe vera leaf and extract the gel.
- Now, apply this gel to your hair and massage scalp with your fingers.
- You can also add some olive oil to this aloe gel.
- Keep it for 30-40 minutes then rinse it off.
- Repeat this method for 2-3 weeks for best results.
5.) Vinegar to Get Rid of Dry Hair Naturally
Vinegar is one of the oldest remedies to treat hair problems. Both vinegar and Apple cider vinegar work same on your hair. It helps restore cuticle and prevent dry hair. Vinegar also helps remove all the residue and buildup due to chemical products. It also helps balance pH balance of the scalp thus prevent from dandruff and dry scalp. To try this remedy, follow the steps given below:
- Take 1 cup of vinegar and 3-4 cups of water.
- Mix both the ingredients well.
- Once you are done with shampooing your hair then rinse your hair with this solution.
- Keep this solution for 5-10 minutes.
- Now, wash it off with normal water.
- Repeat this method 1-2 times a week for best results.
Note: Use a small amount of vinegar, too much usage can make your hair more dull and dry than original.
6.) Yogurt to Treat Dry Hair Naturally
Yogurt consists of several health benefits. It also helps treat dry and frizzy hair. It moisturizes your hair and deep conditions your scalp. Yogurt consists of lactic acid and fat that helps cleanse your hair and rejuvenate your hair well. To use this remedy follow the steps given below:
- Take some plain yogurt and apply it to your hair and scalp well.
- Gently massage with your fingers.
- Leave it for 30-40 minutes.
- Wash your hair well with a mild shampoo and water.
- Repeat this remedy 1-2 times a week for best results.
7.) Banana to Get Rid of Dry Hair Naturally
Banana is also a great home remedy to get rid of dry hair naturally. It consists of Vitamin A, B, C and E. it is also good for brittle and damaged hair to make your hair soft and smooth. To try this method, follow the steps given below:
- Take one ripe banana, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or coconut milk and avocado (Optional).
- Mix all the ingredients well and make a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste all over your hair.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Leave it for 40-50 minutes before you wash.
- Repeat this method for 2-3 times a week for best results.
8.) Fenugreek to Get Rid of Dry Hair
It is another popular herbal remedy to get rid of dry hair. Fenugreek helps rejuvenate dry and dull hair. It also helps treat dandruff and makes your hair stronger and healthier. To try this remedy, follow the steps given below:
- Soak some fenugreek seeds in water for overnight.
- Next morning, grind these seeds top make a smooth paste.
- Add some olive or coconut oil to it and mix well.
- Apply this paste on your scalp and hair.
- Keep it for 1 hour and then rinse it off with water.
- Repeat this method until you see some positive results.