Hair loss has become a major health issue for women. The most common symptom of hair loss in women is the receding of the front hairline, widening of the center part or a bald spot at the crown of the head. Hair loss can be short-term or long-term. Our scalp has 100,000 hair and each hair has a life cycle of its own. The life cycle of a hair is 2-6 years. The hair are replaced when the next cycle starts up. This can be a natural cause for hair fall. Another cause of hair loss is a deficiency of necessary vitamins and minerals. Sometimes medical issues are also closely connected with the cause.
Causes of Hair Loss in Women:
- Stress – Stress has been the cause of many health hazards starting from strokes to heart attacks. It has also been the main cause for hair fall. High level of emotional distress causes the loss. The stress can be a physical one or the mental one. Both are responsible for hair fall.
- Thyroid – Our thyroid gland is a small butterfly-shaped organ at the front of our neck. This gland releases chemicals. Inadequate amount of this chemicals causes hair fall.
- Child-Birth – This is one of the major concern for women. You might have seen pregnant women with fuller hair but after the child-birth they drastically loose hair. This is because of the change in the hormonal level.
- Pills – Sometimes strong medication also leads hair loss. This pills can be antibiotic once. The strong medicines cause rapid hair fall. Other drugs that are related with the cause of hair loss are medicines for blood pressure, heart diseases, arthritis, and depression.
- Crash Diet – Sometimes change in your diet can also be the cause of hair loss. People sometimes crash their diet in order to lose weight. This can also be the reason behind rapid hair loss.
- Hairstyles – There are some devastating hairstyles which can harmful your hair especially the roots. Tight hairstyles irritate your scalp. Tight ponytails or using of tight rollers can also cause hair loss .
- Cancer Treatment – Therapies like chemo and radiation are part of the treatment of cancer these therapies are used to kill cancer cells. These therapies harm the follicles which result in hair fall.
- Use of Harmful Chemicals – There are various products that are harmful to our scalp and causes hair damage and lose too.
Remedies for Hair Loss in Women:
1.) Proper Diet for Hair Loss
Check if you are anemic. Because lack of iron can cause you hair loss. The mineral is essential for strong and healthy hair. Add lots of green vegetables to your diet to get the adequate amount of iron. Other than these the green leafy vegetables also provide you essential biotin and zinc, these two nutrients play an important role in hair growth.
2.) Essential Oils for Hair Loss
Message your scalp with essential oils. The essential oils like sweet almond oil, apricot kernel, and avocado, olive or jojoba oil are beneficial for hair. They are easily absorbed they strengthen the hair roots control dandruff and stimulated the follicles which are very important to resolve hair loss. You can also mix equal amount of these oils for your scalp
3.) Massage Your Scalp
You can use the above mentioned oil or coconut oil to massage your scalp. It is one of the recommended thing. It help to regulate the circulation in the scalp. This in return helps to pump hair follicles with essential oils for hair growth. Dip your fingers in the oil and use your fingers to message the scalp.
4.) Change Direction of Your Part
This simple trick always help to get rid of hair fall. The hair lay flat against the scalp from the part this might result widening of the part so keep switching the part. If you have left partition flip it to the right if it is on the right flip the part to your left.
5.) Use Herbal Hair Care Products
There are various hair care products which are basically of a chemical in composition. These products harm the hair and cause damage. You can use products which are close to natural. Go for herbal products because they are less harmful in composition and they cause less harm to your hair and your scalp.
6.) Take Vitamins and Nutrients for Hair Loss in Women
Take products that contain omega acids. These are essential products for treating hair loss. For women those who lack this vitamins face severe hair fall. Proper intake of vitamin B and L-cysteine has shown positive result.
7.) Minoxidil for Hair Loss for Women
Minoxidil is also known as Rogaine is helpful for preventing hair loss. It is the only FDA approved medication for hair loss. You can get it over the counter in forms of ointment or liquid. For women a lower dose of 2-3 percent of minoxidil is ideal. Message it to your scalp twice a day to for 2-3 months to cue hair loss in women.
8.) Emu Oil for Hair Loss for Women
Emu oil is a traditional oil used as a hair moisturizer. It is an Australian aboriginal oil and contains vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids. You can use this oil to message your scalp. It moisturizes the scalp, reduces dandruff and prevents hair loss.
9.) Onion Juice for Hair Loss in Women
There are many things in the kitchen that can help you out from the distress. Apply onion juice to your scalp to prevent hair loss. Onions contain sulphur which boast collagen production. Here are the steps to use onion for hair loss for both men and women:
- Chop an onion.
- Squeeze the juice in a clean container.
- Apply this juice to your scalp, keep it for 15-20 minutes.
- Gently wash your hair.
- You can do this 3-4 times a week to get rid of hair fall.
10.) Capsaicin for Hair Loss in Women
Capsaicin is an element which helps to prevent hair fall and also helps in hair growth. It is necessary for hair care. This compound is usually found in pepper. You can take supplements of capsaicin to prevent hair fall. The recommended amount of this element id 6 mg for a day.