There is a gland present in our skin and scalp known as a sebaceous gland that produces natural oil which is also known as sebum. Sometimes, this natural oil is produced in the excess. The reasons of this could be hormonal changes, any medicine, washing your hair regularly and much more. The over production of the sebum leads to greasy hair. The oily or greasy hair attracts dirt and residue which degrades the quality of the hair. Thus, it is very important to keep a tab on the production of the natural oil. Below we have listed natural remedies to get rid of greasy hair. These remedies are a perfect solution for greasy hair. Plus they are excellent for overall health of hair.
Remedies to Get Rid of Greasy Hair:
1.) Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Greasy Hair
Lemon is an ideal solution for all types of scalp and hair related problems. It is packed with the essential vitamins and minerals that nourish the scalp. Moreover, it balances the pH level of the scalp and controls the production of sebum.
- In a bowl mix a lemon juice of a lemon, water and little honey. Mix it thoroughly.
- Apply this mixture onto your scalp thoroughly.
- Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Do this 2-3 times a week.
2.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Greasy Hair
ACV is a natural disinfectant. It has an acetic acid that helps to control the natural oil in the scalp and balances the pH level of the scalp. Moreover, it is good for overall health of the hair as well.
- In a cup of water mix 203 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Use this solution to rinse your hair after shampoo and the conditioner.
- Leave the rinse for a few minutes and then again rinse your hair with the cold water.
3.) Baking Soda to Get Rid Of Greasy Hair
Baking soda is one of the common household ingredients that can be used in the number of ways. It is a great remedy for oily hair as well. It has an oil absorbing quality. Plus, its alkaline nature also works in the favor. It reduces the foul smell and gives you clean scalp.
- Mix some baking soda with water. Apply this paste on the damp hair and leave it on for a few minutes. Then wash it with the warm water.
- Alternatively, you can use the baking soda dry shampoo. Rub some baking soda on your hair and brush your hair so that the powder is not seen.
- Do any of the solution 2-3 times a week.
4.) Black Tea to Get Rid of Greasy Hair
Black tea is another wonder home remedy for oily hair. It has an astringent known as tannin acid that controls the excessive buildup of the oil and closed the pores.
- Boil a cup of water; add two tablespoons of black tea into it.
- Steep it for a while.
- Strain the solution and use it rinse your hair after the shampoo.
- Leave the rinse for a few minutes and then rinse your hair with cold water at last.
- Do this 2-3 times a week for effective results.
5.) Fullers Earth to Get Rid of Greasy Hair
Fuller earth is a natural absorbent, it absorbs the natural oil and balances the pH level of the scalp. Plus it has certain minerals that improve the blood circulation and the quality of the hair.
- In a bowl make a paste of a few tablespoons of fuller earth and water. For effective results, you can add a tablespoon of yogurt into it before applying.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Apply it evenly on the hair and leave it for 20-30 minutes.
- Once it is completely dry, wash it with the lukewarm water.
- Use this remedy 3-4 times a month.
6.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Greasy Hair
Aloe Vera gel is packed with the essential minerals, vitamins, and enzymes that help to control the over production of the sebum on the scalp. Plus, it cleanses the scalp and nourishes the roots. Moreover, it is beneficial for the overall health of the hair as well.
- In a mild shampoo, mix a tablespoon of the Aloe-Vera gel and the lemon juice thoroughly.
- Wash your hair with this shampoo and leave it on for a few minutes.
- After a few minutes rinse it with the cold water.
- Alternatively, apply Aloe Vera gel on your hair and scalp.
- Do any of the above solutions regularly or when needed.
7.) Tomatoes to Get Rid of Greasy Hair
Tomatoes are also one of the effective remedies for oily hair. All thanks to its acidic nature. It maintains the pH level of the scalp and controls the excessive production of the sebum. Plus, it prevents the foul odour that is generated due to greasy hair as well.
- Mix a cup of the tomato juice with the powder of fuller’s earth thoroughly.
- Apply this mixture onto your hair and scalp evenly.
- Leave it for 20-30 minutes and then rinse it with the cold water.
- Do this when required.
8.) Banana to Get Rid of Greasy Hair
Banana is a great source of the potassium. Plus, it is a great natural conditioner as well. And when it is mixed with a teaspoon of the honey nothing can be more effective than this.
- In a blender mix a ripe banana and a teaspoon of the honey.
- Apply this paste on your hair (covering the roots and the tips).
- Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse it thoroughly with the warm water.
- P.S – Banana is sticky so make sure you remove it thoroughly.
9.) Eggs to Get Rid of Greasy Hair
Eggs are excellent natural conditioners. The egg white especially helps to control the production of the sebum. Moreover, it has proteins that improve the quality of the quality of the hair.
- Apply a whisked egg on the hair. Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse it thoroughly with the cold water.
- Alternatively, Beat 2 egg yolks and mix a tablespoon of the lemon juice to it. Apply this mixture on your damp hair. Leave it on for a few minutes and then wash it with herbal or mild shampoo. Do this 2-3 times a week.
10.) Vodka t0 Get Rid of Greasy Hair
Yes, you read it right. It’s vodka. The hard drink is an excellent home remedy for greasy hair. It stops the excessive production of the oil and balances the pH level of the scalp.
- Mix 2 cups of water with a cup of vodka.
- Use this solution to rinse your hair after the shampoo.
- Leave the rinse on for 7-10 minutes and then rinse it with the cold water.
- Do this once in a week.
Tips to Get Rid of Greasy Hair
- After the shampoo thoroughly rinse your hair to remove the chemical residue.
- Apply the hair conditioner only on the ends of the hair.
- Do not brush your hair when they are wet. Plus do not brush your hair too often.
- Consume foods that are a good source of the Vitamin A, proteins, and Omega-3 fatty acids.