Dry scalp is one of the common hair problems. The scalp has a sebaceous gland that produces sebum, the natural oil which moisturizes the scalp, when the production of the sebum is reduced, the scalp tends to get dry and as a result you witness white flakes on the scalp. Stress, diet, environmental conditions, use of too much hair products with chemicals can be some of the main cause of the dry scalp. However, the problem can be dealt before it gets worse. Read more natural remedies to get rid of dry scalp.
Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Dry Scalp:
1.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Dry Scalp
Tea tree oil is packed with antifungal and anti-bacterial properties that come handy for treating the dry scalp. It stops the production of the bacteria that leads to white flakes.
- Mix a few drops of tea tree oil into your shampoo or conditioner.
- Use this mixture to clean your scalp and hair.
- Repeat this regularly.
- P.S- Do not use tea tree oil alone.
- Alternatively, mix a few drops of the tea tree oil with water and use it to rinse your scalp and hair.
2.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Dry Scalp
Apple cider vinegar also known as ACV is a natural disinfectant. It kills the fungus that causes dry scalp and reduces the inflammation as well.
- Mix water with ACV. The quantity of both should be same.
- Use thus solution to massage your scalp
- Leave it for 5-8 minutes and then rinse your hair.
- Alternatively, dip a cotton ball into ACV solution and apply it on your scalp. Leave it for 15-20 minutes and rinse your hair.
3.) Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Dry Scalp
Lemon is packed with the moisturizing and antiseptic properties. It removes the dead cells from the scalp and cleans the scalp.
- In a bowl mix a teaspoon of honey and juice of half lemon.
- Use this solution to massage on your scalp for a few minutes.
- Rinse it off and shampoo your hair.
- Alternatively, add a few drops of lemon juice to your hair oil and massage it on the scalp. Leave it on for a night and shampoo it.
4.) Hot Oil Massage to Get Rid of Dry Scalp
Hot oil massage increases the blood to the hair shaft and helps to cleanse the cells. It locks the moisture and helps to treat dryness. It is also a good solution for other hair problems like hair fall, split ends and etc.
- In a bowl warm any of the hair oil it could be coconut oil, almond or olive oil.
- Once it is warm enough to be applied, dip your fingers into the bowl and massage the oil into the scalp. During the massage, move your fingers in the circular motion.
- Leave it overnight and shampoo next day.
5.) Olive Oil with Honey to Get Rid of Dry Scalp
Honey has an inflammatory property whereas olive oil moisturizes the scalp. The combination of both the ingredients acts as a good solution for the dry scalp.
- Warm a half cup of olive oil in the microwave.
- Once it is sufficiently warm add a teaspoon of the honey to it.
- Use this mixture to massage your scalp.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and wash your hair with a mild or herbal shampoo
- Alternatively, combine 2 tablespoons of honey, glycerin and olive oil. Use this mixture as a hair conditioner after the shampoo.
6.) Mayonnaise to Get Rid of Dry Scalp
Yes, it is the same mayonnaise that you have in your sandwiches. It has eggs and oils that help to get rid of the dry scalp. It kills the bacteria and moisturizes your scalp.
- Use the mayonnaise to massage your scalp.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Cover this with the shower cap.
- After 20 minutes wash it with shampoo.
7.) Avocado to Get Rid of Dry Scalp
Avocados are packed with essential nutrients like minerals, vitamins and natural oils as well. It moisturizes the scalp and treats the dryness.
- Mash a ripe avocado and mix it with the olive oil and honey thoroughly.
- Apply it on the scalp and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with warm water and shampoo.
8.) Aloe-Vera to Get Rid of Dry Scalp
Aloe-Vera has a moisturizing property that moisturizes the scalp and treats the dryness. Thus this is one of the best remedies to get rid of dry scalp.
- Apply the natural gel of Aloe-Vera onto the scalp.
- Leave on for 30 minutes and then wash it.
9.) Beer to Get Rid of Dry Scalp
Beer is a natural hair conditioner. It has moisturizing properties that help to heal the dryness and give you a clean scalp.
- Mix some beer with the apple cider vinegar.
- Use this solution to wash your hair after the shampoo.
- Repeat this regularly for best results.
- Alternatively, add a few drops of jojoba oil with beer and use this to massage your scalp. Leave it on for a night and then wash your hair.
10.) Sugar to Get Rid of Dry Scalp
A scrub of sugar cleans the scalp and stops the production of the bacteria that leads to dry scalp. It removes the dead cells and moisturizes the scalp as well.
- Mix some tablespoons of brown sugar with olive oil or any other hair oil.
- Apply this mixture onto your scalp. Rub it gently in the circular motion.
- Leave it on for a while and then wash your scalp.
- Repeat this regularly to treat dry scalp.