This article is about benefits and ways to use coconut oil hair mask. Coconut oil is oil has a number of benefits. Talking about hair care, the use and importance of this oil are known since, a very long time. It helps with the process of hair growth and also helps you get thicker hair. Along with that, it also helps treat various hair related problems. It also helps heal scalp infection. In this article, we are going to discuss the best coconut oil hair mask. You can prepare this mask at home and can use it to treat various hair related problem.
Benefit of Coconut Oil Hair Mask:
Before beginning with the hair oil mask, let’s discuss the benefits of coconut oil hair mask. Different benefits of coconut oil are:
- Nourishes your scalp and hair. It moisturizes them as well.
- Being antifungal in natural, it helps get rid of dandruff.
- It also penetrated hair shaft easily.
- Helps retain protein of hair and also helps you get thicker hair.
- As it is high in vitamin E and lauric acid, it helps you get stronger and healthier hair. It also helps prevent hair loss.
- It also contains fatty acids and thus helps your hair fight against split ends.
- Provides your hair a natural shine.
Ways to Use Coconut Oil Hair Mask:
From the very beginning, coconut oil has been used to treat a number of hair related issues. You might have also heard from your grandma to go for coconut oil. There are a number of uses of coconut oil. You can well use it straight as oil. Massaging your head with coconut oil is also of great benefit. It protects your hair and nourishes them as well. Here, we are going to tell you the best ways to prepare coconut oil hair mask. Coconut oil hair mask will also nourish your hair and will help you get shinier and healthier hair.
As it is high in various essential components like vitamin E, fatty acids, and lauric acid, it works as an all-rounder for your hair. No matter what hair related problem you are facing, you can go for this oil in any case. Well, here we are going to discuss the way that you can make coconut oil hair mask. You can prepare this mask easily at home and apply it is also easy. Follow the given steps to prepare hair oil mask:
1.) Coconut Oil and Essential Oil Mask
- 2-4 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- 5-10 drops of essential oil (any).
- Take the two given ingredients in a bowl and mix them well.
- Now use this oil to massage your scalp. Massage your hair well and avoid using it on a scalp.
- Leave it as it is for 30-60 minutes.
- Wash off with your regular shampoo.
2.) Coconut Oil and Honey Mask
- One tablespoon of organic coconut oil
- One tablespoon of raw honey
- Bring a saucepan to heat and add these two ingredients to it. You have to use the ingredients in case your hair are more damaged. If you hair are fine and they are not much damaged then there is no need of heating it up. Also, you can increase the quantity of the ingredients according to the length of your hair.
- It’s time to apply the mask. Hair mask can be applied to both wet and dry hair. Well, it is easy to apply it on wet hair. Apply the mask from top to bottom. This will help your hair get straighten and will also prevent tangling of hair. Focus on the ends as the ends are always more damaged.
- Make a bun and cover your hair with the shower cap.
- Wait for half an hour and then wash off with your regular shampoo.
Other Ways to Use Coconut Oil for Hair:
1.) Coconut Oil to Treat Dandruff
Coconut oil is a wonderful remedy for dandruff which is a common scalp problem. Whether the dandruff is due to the overproduction of the oil on the scalp or because of dryness, coconut oil is a perfect solution for it. It has certain good properties that come handy for treating the scalp infection like dandruff. Coconut oil massage also promotes hair growth and is good for other hair related problems as well. All you have to do is:
- Take a scoop of virgin coconut oil. Microwave it till the oil melts down.
- Leave it aside at room temperature. In the mean time comb your hair and remove all the knots.
- With your fingers, massage the oil into the scalp. Do this until the oil is completely absorbed.
- After applying the oil cover our head with a warm towel and leave it on overnight.
- Next morning wash your hair with Epsom salt. It will help to remove all the debris and white flakes.
- To make it more effective you can add a juice of half lemon to it before applying.
2.) Coconut Oil for Hair Coloring Base
If you are planning to dye your hair then, use coconut oil as a base of the hair color. It will protect your hair from the damage caused by the chemicals thereafter. Moreover, it gives you vibrant hair color. All you have to do is:
- In a bowl take a 1-2 scoop of the virgin coconut oil, depending on the length of your hair.
- Microwave the oil until it melts down.
- Mix your hair color with the coconut oil.
- Comb your hair thoroughly.
- With the help of hair brush apply this mixture on your hair.
- Leave it for the 20-30 minutes.
- Then wash it with a mild shampoo.