Every girl dreams for healthy and long hair like Rapunzel. However, every girl is not lucky enough. The hair conditions like hair fall, dandruff, split ends hampers the growth of the hair. So it is very important to take a good care of your hair and prevent the hair problem. A split end is a condition where the ends of the hair are divided into two parts. It could be due to lack of nourishment at the end of the hair and thus, our hair becomes brittle. Therefore, it is important to remove and prevent the occurrence of the split ends. Read more, to know causes and treatment for split ends.
Causes for Split Ends:
- Genetics- Genetics plays a vital role in hair related problems such as split ends. If your parents or one of the parent have experienced this hair problem, then you are more vulnerable to it.
- Hair Color- Hair colors are infused with many harsh chemicals that are not good for the hair. Haircolor might give you a stunning look but internally they harm your hair and split ends are the result of it.
- Hairstyling Equipment- When you style your hair with the hair straighter or hair curler it tends to damage your hair. The hot air hair released while styling is not good for the health of the hair and thus when you frequently use them it leads to split ends.
- Strong Shampoo- Shampoos also contains certain chemicals that are not good for your hair. They might clean your hair but in the long run, they tend to damage them and split ends are the major outcome.
- Exposure to Sunlight- Exposure to the sun is also one of the prime causes of split ends the UV rays damages hair and gives way to split ends.
- Irregular Trimming- When hair are not trimmed timely it leads to split ends. The ends get rough and damaged. This is because they lack nourishment. To avoid this best way is trim your hair after every 5-6 weeks.
- Washing Hair with Warm Water- Like using hot style equipment,washing hair with hot water can
- Using Inferior Quality Comb- Using low-quality hair tools like combs and brush may also result in split ends.
- Not Oiling Hair Properly- Oil nourishes your hair deeply, thus it is very important to oil your hair on a regular basis. If you avoid oiling your hair then you can experience many hair problems like split ends.
- Leaving your Loose- Loose hair are more prone to hair split ends since they are more vulnerable to environmental conditions.
Treatment for Split Ends:
1.) Hot Oil Deep Conditioner
This is one of the best treatments for split ends. The oil helps to restore the moisture of the hair that helps to control split ends. Regularly oil your hair to make them healthy. Best oils for deep conditioner are almond oil, coconut oil, and olive oil. To make the treatment effective you can add a few drops of essential oils into it.
- In the microwave slightly heat any of your preferred base oil for a few seconds.
- Use this oil for the head massage. For a good head, massage the oil with your fingertips and massage it in the circular motion onto the scalp until the oil is absorbed completely.
- Leave it for an hour. For spare results, you can wrap your hair with a hot towel. This will help to absorb the oil. Leave it on until it cools down. Then shampoo your hair with a mild or herbal shampoo.
2.) Beer Treatment for Split ends
Beer is also one of the best remedies for split ends. It has the essential nutrients that our hair needs to remain healthy. It is packed with proteins and our hair also made of proteins known as keratin. Thus, it is very useful for hair.
- Shampoo your hair with a mild or herbal shampoo.
- Rinse your hair and then let them dry. Once they are semi-dried apply a few drops of beer on the ends of the hair like a conditioner.
- Leave it on for a few seconds and then rinse your hair with the running water. Make sure the odor of the beer has not left the rinse.
3.) Egg Mask Treatment for Split Ends
Eggs are packed with the essential nutrients and especially proteins that are beneficial for the health of the hair. It strengthens the follicles and reduces hair fall and breakage. However, use only egg yolk for this purpose.
- Whisk an egg yolk and blend it with a few tablespoons of olive oil and a tbsp of honey. Apply this mask on your damp hair. Leave it on for 45 minutes and then shampoo your hair.
- You can also use only almond oil with egg yolk to treat split ends. Make sure that you do not rinse it with warm water and wash your hair properly since the egg is quite stinky.
4.) Aloe-Vera Treatment for Split Ends
Aloe-Vera moisturizes your hair and keeps the dryness at the bay that is the major cause of the split ends. Moreover, it prevents hair fall and split ends. A Garden fresh Aloe-Vera is best for this purpose. There are many brands who offer natural Aloe-Vera gel you can use them as well.
- Peel a fresh leaf of the Aloe-Vera and scratch the gel from it with a help of the spoon. Blend the hard form of the gel with water to get a nice consistency.
- Apply this gel onto your hair and leave it on for a couple of minutes.
- Then wash it.
- For spare results, you can add lemon juice, castor oil, and jojoba oil into the Aloe-Vera gel before applying it.
- Or, simply use herbal hair care products that have Aloe- Vera as the main ingredient.
5.) Mayonnaise Treatment for Split Ends
Yes, you read it right! It’s mayonnaise the one you love to put on your bread and pasta. Mayonnaise is packed with all the essential nutrients that our hair demands.
- To make mayonnaise at home combine a teaspoon of lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar and egg yolk in the bowl. Whisk all the ingredients properly.
- Apply this natural mask on your hair and leave it on for 30-45 minutes and then wash your hair.
Tips to Prevent Split Ends:
- Take a good care of your hair.
- Use herbal or mild hair care products.
- Avoid too much styling and use of styling equipment.
- Trim your hair after every 4-6 weeks.
- Use a good quality comb.
- Before styling apply a natural serum on your hair.
- Cover your hair while under the sunlight.
- Tie your hair before hitting the sack.
- Avoid coloring and bleaching your hair.