Biotin which is also known as vitamin H is one of the B-complex vitamins that help the body to convert food into energy. Biotin is reputed to keep the hair and skin healthy. This vitamin is water-soluble and is mostly recommended for people suffering from hair loss. This vitamin is also a supplement which helps to increase the rate of hair growth. The deficiency of this vitamin results in a remarkable amount of hair loss. Here in this article, we will go through the importance of biotin for hair growth. Firstly let’s go through the natural sources of Biotin.
Sources Of Biotin
- Egg Yolk
- Organ meats
The recommended amount of biotin is 30-100 mcg per day for adolescent and adults. The best way to get biotin for your diet is taking raw or less processed version of the above-mentioned food sources of biotin for hair growth.
Benefits of Biotin for Hair Growth:
1.) Improves Hair Growth
People who are experiencing rapid hair loss should add this in their diet. It has been found that they should immediately start taking a proper dosage. The recommended amount is 2,500 mcg. A dosage of 5,000 or 10,000 mcg is also considered as the normal dosage for. You can take a diet rich in biotin or supplements of biotin. If you are going for the pills you can take it at half breakfast this will help you to easily digest and get the maximum benefit of the dosage.
2.) Healthy Hair
The biotin supplement also helps to get healthy hair. The biotin supplements are mainly produced from bacteria and yeast. Our body naturally synthesizes biotin but if we do not take proper diet the body gradually fails to produce biotin. This vitamin helps in hair growth and healthy hair. Add this to your diet and get healthy hair.
3.) Proliferates the Cells
The vitamin contains Amino acid which help in building blocks of proteins. The intake of biotin Synthesizes the body naturally. The proteins help in cell proliferation which in result helps in strengthening the hair roots.
4.) Generation of New Hair
There are various benefits of biotin for hair growth one of it is a generation of new hair. Each hair has a life cycle of its own. Sometimes hair fall causes thin hair in both the cases biotin helps to regenerate the growth of the new hair on the scalp.
5.) Adds Keratins to Your Hair
Our hair is made up of an essential protein called keratin. Biotin helps in adding up the protein. Which results well textured smooth and shiny hair. The availability of keratin to your hair helps to build stronger hair and makes them smoother and silkier.
Demerits Of Biotin
No doubt that biotin is great for hair but excess of anything is dangerous. Biotin is not a magical pill it just helps your hair to grow faster and healthier. The consumption of this vitamin does not turn you into Rapunzel. Here are some of the drawbacks related to biotin for hair growth.
- There are cases when the intake of the supplement has caused complications as the body is sensitive to the biotin intake.
- Sometimes the intake of the pills causes facial breakout like pimples.
- Some people have complained that the intake of this vitamin has caused zits.
- Again for people who take alcohol the intake of this vitamin is worthless as the alcohol destroys the biotin that your body has absorbed.
- Never consume biotin when you are going through an antibiotic regime. This may cause medical complications.
- Some girls have complained that the intake of biotin has enhanced the growth of unwanted facial hair.
Best Brands for Biotin Supplements
There are various biotin supplements in the market they can confuse you for which one to get for to take. So here are the list of the best-selling biotin supplements available for you.
- Omega boosts biotin for hair.
- Natrol Biotin fast dissolve.
- Nature’s bounty biotin.
- Biotin high potency tablets.
- Vitafusion extra strength biotin.
- Pure biotin 10,000 Mcg.
- Solar biotin vegetable capsules.